• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

fishing "kits"

here is one i dont get........
i watch youtube a lot and often see these folks building their
"fishing kits".
it always amazes me to see how small they try to make these
cute lil fishing kits. kits in a medicine bottle, altoids can, and so on.
im always taken back on how stupid some of these folks really are.
why the small kit?
if shtf does happen food will eventually be hard to come by. so im
relying heavy on fishing to be a big part but not limited to my food
collecting. water and fish are to easy to come by.
fishing itself is rather easy to do as well, at least to aquire food anyways.
in relying so heavy on fishing and taking advantage of lakes, ponds, streams,
rivers EVERYWHERE, i pack a beefed up kit. i dont want to take my
survival chances on a damn altoid box fishing kit.
plano makes several size boxes that are very packable and can carry
10x what a altoid can can and several better quality rod companies
make perfect packable rods as well. so yeah, knowing the above i just
dont get the altiod or medicine bottle fishing kits.
i guess the idea is to make the kit cute and small so it fits in your sock
but actually being able to depend on those kits in Real Life as a means
for true survival for any length of time....... your gonna die.
anybody else notice this mentality too and wonder WTF?
The idea is to have a supplemental kit that is easy to take with you. Remember the old Rambo knives with the fishing kit in the handle? That's what people are attempting to improve upon.

I'm always amazed at the people who have never hunted who say "I'll hunt stuff to live off". They've most probably also never fished, but will pack their altoid container of fishing gear to live off the fish they catch. I've actually heard people say the hunting thing, and thought good, I'm bored with the conversation going on, lets talk guns, "What guns you got?". "oh, I don't own any guns." FFS.

yeah youtube creates a fantasy world with SHTF type situations dont they?
and so many companies are making bank off of it too.

The idea is to have a supplemental kit that is easy to take with you. Remember the old Rambo knives with the fishing kit in the handle? That's what people are attempting to improve upon.

oh i know what they are doing, and they are still taking the same amount of gear but in a altoids can or medicine
bottle. i just think its funny that folks concentrate more on how small they
can make their kits rather than longevity and practicality. its very clear they really arent using their heads.

yep i do to. those will be the people we/i would trade my skills to.
Or the people we have to shoot for trying to steal our food. I have always said the zombie apocalypse is real, it's just that instead of the living dead, the zombies are the soon to be dead because they cannot feed themselves and will come try to steal from those of us who can and will get put out of their misery for their efforts.

Yup....many of the will get relieved of their prep-stuff, possibly their lives, too when the SHTF.

sad isnt it? sure there are book on shelves that teach but more often excite folks about
this subject but are they getting out there and doing it? or practicing it?
i mean a well thought out kit can be done and not take up to much more room.

i mean fishing is just to easy in most cases to do if your just trying to get food in the belly.
just about any size body of water has something to catch in it. gawd knows it has its off moments too lol.
the kit in most cases is reusable. bullets no. fishing doesnt have to be full time hands on either.
the sad thing is the water quality inwhich we pull our fish from these days. eerything the earth gives we destroy
it seems.

i dont know guys, the topic of these small kits trying to make them smaller for the purpose they are intendeded for
just kills me lol. maybe its just me and im over thinking things as usual. i do that, but not w/o a good reason though. hell maybe i'll be the guy someone stumbles over because i didnt bring enough of something else because
i brought to much fishing kit. when they do though they will find a great fishing kit good for my area and state.
lol.

Back
Top Bottom