• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fishing/ Not catching Trophies

redfish414

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
322   0
Reaction score
On my property is a total private 2 acre pond built 20!yrs ago with creek and spring running into it snd 17' at the deep point ...saw more than a dozen 5# plus bass and 2 that had to be 10 ( only cuz I caught one before ) bedding and crushing the shoreline . Could not bring myself to pitch a night crawler as it would be to ez . They are not shy at all . My goal is to land a grass Carp which I saw at least a dozen some more than 3' long and 1 that would go 4'. they were stocked 15 years ago . They are tougher than bonefish . Any ideas ?

On my property is a total private 2 acre pond built 20!yrs ago with creek and spring running into it snd 17' at the deep point ...saw more than a dozen 5# plus bass and 2 that had to be 10 ( only cuz I caught one before ) bedding and crushing the shoreline . Could not bring myself to pitch a night crawler as it would be to ez . They are not shy at all . My goal is to land a grass Carp which I saw at least a dozen some more than 3' long and 1 that would go 4'. they were stocked 15 years ago . They are tougher than bonefish . Any ideas ?
Put a bobber on and load it with night crawlers, they will only suck it and make the bobber quiver, then set the hook.

In all seriousness. Unfished bass will hit dange near anything that moves. I was fortunate enough to get to fish a pond that had received virtually no fishing pressure for years. They are wiser and harder to catch now, but back when I started fishing it they were pretty easy to entice.

Corn before I started fishing for the grass carp tried corn on the hook and other stink bait as well site pitch for them and pitch corn no luck they just laughed at me did largemouth I just can't bring myself to Pitchin a crawler as to me it just would not be fair and I am more interested in catching a grass carp on the fly

Fed nightcrawlers on the bed to big mama who is not but 4'

in front of me the whole day felt bad for her because she was so nervous...,i'm all about catching release it so serious so just looking to preserve

I know EXACTLY how to catch those. But I think it better that me and my 2 boys come up and show you.

Back
Top Bottom