• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fishing Richmond Hill??

xGAxBlueChip

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
6   0
Reaction score
We're taking a trip next week to fish around Richmond Hill/Savannah Area.. My father in law has been there and says the fishing is pretty good. We will be taking our Kayaks and trying our hand but I've never fished the area.

Can anyone who has experience with the area and knows whats hitting right now and on what tackle please share a little advise so that we can make the most of our trip.

Also and must do or sees while we are down that was would be great. Thanks.

I live nearby but haven't been fishing for sometime (truck was hit). There is a bass pro shop in nearby Savannah and might call their fishing dept cause some of the guys there do salt water fishing in the area. Also there is a DNR law enforcement office at Demeries Creek boat ramp (on Hwy 144) which might be a place to put in and there is a DNR fishery Richmond Hill so their staff might know what is biting also. Wish I could be of more help.

I was gator hunting there last weekend on 17 across from Loves. You would not catch this old man in a kayak in that water after seeing what I saw last weekend and in case you are interested we did not get the biggest one we saw. He is still there!!! Bass boat ok but a kayak :croc::jaw:

Good luck and be safe.

The Cannochee or Ogeechee west of I-95.

For maximum enjoyment (lots of fish) a beetle shin with a black and green body on Ulta-light. I'd use a little heavier line than normal, maybe 8 lb. fluoro If you can find any a Snagless Sally. Several brand names, but a small spinner with a white spider trailer

About a gallon of Skin so Soft.

Only reason I wouldn't fish the lower Ogeechee in a kayak is the tidal influence. if may be going out when you want to be coming in. Your aren't fighting a Ga. tide in a kayak.

Google "Ft. Mcallister State Park" -- ramp, great historical site.

Google "Belfast Siding Rd Boat Ramp"

I was gator hunting there last weekend on 17 across from Loves. You would not catch this old man in a kayak in that water after seeing what I saw last weekend and in case you are interested we did not get the biggest one we saw. He is still there!!! Bass boat ok but a kayak :croc::jaw:

Good luck and be safe.

When I first moved to the area, I thought about gators too but how many kayakers have you heard of being bothered by gators?
Heck, I never heard of any swimmers getting attacked and there's ton's of people that swim in creeks and rivers here.
I even thought of all the people in the 1800's and 1900's that must have waded these waters and haven't heard of gators attacking them so I don't worry about them and am mindful of mating and nesting times only.

Back
Top Bottom