• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fit Issues w/ Talley Scope Rings & Vortex Crossfire II

bcs001

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
I’m trying to mount a Crossfire II on a new Mauser M18 (Remmington 700 scope mount style) and I thought the low version of Talley scope rings (930700) would work based on info I found online. Rings and scope showed up today and there is not enough vertical clearance in the rear mount for the magnification ring on the eyepiece. The front and rear ring mount holes are so far apart on over the ejection port that the mount rings grip the scope at the very ends of tube.

Will going to medium rings resolve this problem or is there a better mount to consider?

Thanks,
Bruce.

Generally speaking, you want to spread the rings as far as possible on the tube. Good to go there so long as rings are still on only the tube.

If your rings are too short, the simple answer is to order the appropriate height.

Easiest answer is to buy a picatinny scope base and then whatever rings or 1-piece mount that your heart desire.

I appreciate the info guys. Decided to go with the medium Talley rings after talking to them. They did tell me the Vortex scopes tend to have larger magnification rings than most others and recommend the medium height rings.

Back
Top Bottom