• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fitting a "hard fit" match grade 1911 barrel.

in Mark's picture of his barrel lugs cut and the barrel upside down in the slide.. Did anyone notice the slide modification he did.....

in Mark's picture of his barrel lugs cut and the barrel upside down in the slide.. Did anyone notice the slide modification he did.....

You mean the sweet looking bevel job.

You can see the bevel on the pistol side pics too. I'm not really a big fan of two tone blued/stainless pistols but every time I see that 9mm it makes me get an itch that's needing to be scratched but with an extra 38 Super barrel.

Good catch jglenn!

i1153.photobucket.com_albums_p509_flying4food_ramp_zpsme6kxugt.jpg

For those who have never seen it, Its called a diconnector ramp cut. It was developed by master gunsmith Bob Marvel. It helps smooth the cycling of the slide. Instead of the slide bumping into the disconnector and slamming it down, the ramp smoothly depresses the disco straight down. When you cylcle a 1911 slide by hand, you can feel the slide bump the disco, interrupting the movement of the slide, with the ramp cut, that is eliminated. All part of chasing after accuracy. Every little bit helps....

And thanks RamRoddoc, Ive never been real big on two tone 1911s, but I wanted to try something different, and Im really pretty happy with the 9mm Caspian. Looks nice.

Last edited:
seems to be quite a popular modification for BE pistols these days

makes a lot of sense given the very light recoil and recoil springs we use.

I'm bumping this thread for future reference,
because I had a Star model BM pistol that I sold to a good friend of mine and it worked great during the test firing which may be the first time that gun was ever shot.

But now it's giving my friend trouble and I think it's due to a misalignment of the locking lugs on the barrel and the corresponding slots milled into the underside of the slide.

Back
Top Bottom