• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Five Guns

My AR
Glock 24
Quiet 22 pistol
My rifle in 308 (bolt)
Quiet 10/22
To break rules and add a 6th my 20 guage.

There is little I cant accomplish with those. Bug out on foot with a setup for any situation, mobile travel with all, outfit another (good to have back ups), small/big game hunt, be quiet and sneaky, go loud and proud, etc. Anything that cant be solved with those would require things those 6 can get me. I'd replace the 308 with my 280ai if I could reliably source ammo but it's not a common enough caliber to be a viable choice. If stuck at spot with my reloading set up I'd use it till I wasnt. Love suppressors for g24 and ar but not in budget yet. Same with better nvg and would love thermal. What would make all that even more effective is a crew of like minded, similarly outfitted individuals I have trained with excessively. More important than all of this is a solid plan and a large stock of necessity's that allows me to be independent of any bs going on around me. The most dangerous folks in a bad situation is yearly hunters with a couple guns and a box of ammo that have no basic goods and have to go home to hungry kids and a wife that has the "what are you gonna do" question in her eyes. Lots more of those than antifa or gang bangers.

Redhawk 44 mag,
ruger MK2 22 auto,
22 auto rifle,
30/06 auto ,
auto loading or pump 12 ga.
if i could add one more it would be a mini 14 in 300 blackout

I dont see any point in more than an M4, 22lr conversion unit for same, and a 6x 4.5", 15 oz Kahr CM9 in a kydex front pants pocket holster. Load the 223 with Nosler Partition 60 gr softpoints and the 9mm with Corbon 100 gr jhp ammo. The latter is 1350+ fps from 3" barrels, 370+ ft lbs of power, assured expansion of the jhp in flesh and adequate penetration. When it's rifle time, the pistol doesn't amount to a hill of beans, so keep its weight under a lb and dont bother with more than a single stack and one spare mag of ammo for it. The pistol should be out of sight, out of the way of your pack and rifle, (slung or in hand) out of the elements, yet readily accessible. A velcro "mouth" on your pants pocket means you can crawl on your belly, roll, etc, without filling your pocket with debris. Another strip of the soft velcro will obviate this "self-closing" pocket feature, if desired.

You can't shoot or intimidate anyone with a gun you aint got with you, and you can't get men or animals to wait while you go GET " the right gun for the job". So you'd better have the most versatile guns available, and keep that rifle either on you the assault sling or in your hands, for at least a year after shtf, until things settle down. There's no reason to ever be without your pocket 9mm.

The shotgun is a waste of time and money. It can't do the job of either the rifle or the pistol, so why bother with it? there's no need to hit birds on the wing, and animals all stop running, and sooner rather than later, too. they can't afford to waste the energy. A subsonic .22lr, traps and nets make far more sense than blasting away with a shotgun. A shotgun lacks the speed into action, concealment, and one hand utility of the pistol, the range and suppressed option of the rifle. No shotgun handles like any rifle. The .22lr rifles are pointless, when you can have a 3/4 lb .22lr conversion unit that fits in your fighting rifle. The caliber swap takes just 10 seconds. Accuracy is quite adequate for small game hunting, too.

A scoped M4, set up right and fed the right ammo, snipes very effectively to 1/4 mile. The shorty 223, in good hands, using softpoints, can reliably brain big animals at twice the distance anyone can reliably chest-hit them with an arrow. Since bowhunters score all the time, why can't you get half as close, hmm? So you see, the M4 and pocket 9mm are really all you need, and reaslistcally, all you can carry. You'll have to carry at least 30 lbs of other stuff, so there's no ability remaining to carry another longarm and enough ammo to make it worth having. This is especially true of 10 rds to the lb 12 ga ammo. A gun for which you have no ammo is just a club. A quiet .22lr, for which you've got 100+rds beats the hell out of a noisy gun for which you have less than 5 rds remaining, too.

I dont see any point in more than an M4, 22lr conversion unit for same, and a 6x 4.5", 15 oz Kahr CM9 in a kydex front pants pocket holster. Load the 223 with Nosler Partition 60 gr softpoints and the 9mm with Corbon 100 gr jhp ammo. The latter is 1350+ fps from 3" barrels, 370+ ft lbs of power, assured expansion of the jhp in flesh and adequate penetration. When it's rifle time, the pistol doesn't amount to a hill of beans, so keep its weight under a lb and dont bother with more than a single stack and one spare mag of ammo for it. The pistol should be out of sight, out of the way of your pack and rifle, (slung or in hand) out of the elements, yet readily accessible. A velcro "mouth" on your pants pocket means you can crawl on your belly, roll, etc, without filling your pocket with debris. Another strip of the soft velcro will obviate this "self-closing" pocket feature, if desired.

You can't shoot or intimidate anyone with a gun you aint got with you, and you can't get men or animals to wait while you go GET " the right gun for the job". So you'd better have the most versatile guns available, and keep that rifle either on you the assault sling or in your hands, for at least a year after shtf, until things settle down. There's no reason to ever be without your pocket 9mm.

The shotgun is a waste of time and money. It can't do the job of either the rifle or the pistol, so why bother with it? there's no need to hit birds on the wing, and animals all stop running, and sooner rather than later, too. they can't afford to waste the energy. A subsonic .22lr, traps and nets make far more sense than blasting away with a shotgun. A shotgun lacks the speed into action, concealment, and one hand utility of the pistol, the range and suppressed option of the rifle. No shotgun handles like any rifle. The .22lr rifles are pointless, when you can have a 3/4 lb .22lr conversion unit that fits in your fighting rifle. The caliber swap takes just 10 seconds. Accuracy is quite adequate for small game hunting, too.

A scoped M4, set up right and fed the right ammo, snipes very effectively to 1/4 mile. The shorty 223, in good hands, using softpoints, can reliably brain big animals at twice the distance anyone can reliably chest-hit them with an arrow. Since bowhunters score all the time, why can't you get half as close, hmm? So you see, the M4 and pocket 9mm are really all you need, and reaslistcally, all you can carry. You'll have to carry at least 30 lbs of other stuff, so there's no ability remaining to carry another longarm and enough ammo to make it worth having. This is especially true of 10 rds to the lb 12 ga ammo. A gun for which you have no ammo is just a club. A quiet .22lr, for which you've got 100+rds beats the hell out of a noisy gun for which you have less than 5 rds remaining, too.

Shotguns - Especially single shot will be a valuable SHTF commodity

I’ve acquired many $50 — $100 investments in this - along with cases and cases of buckshot

One scenario is trade

Another scenario would be arming your neighbors who didn’t prep - Arming them in such a way they can protect their stuff but not have enough firepower to take mine - Added bonus of every scavenger they eliminate is one that I don’t have to and an alert that the neighborhood is being probed etc . . .

In either case it’s so simple to operate a child can do it -

It gives the ability for even a novice shooter in my camp to guard a bedroom window or two or bunker up in a safe room

A cheap preparatory investment in any scenario

In the woods to scavenge - feed and defend my “One Gun” would be my — HR topper 12 ga. w/rifled slug barrel — With 9mm - 357mag - 22 Lr - 22 mag. Rifled Inserts - 20ga. & 410 conversion inserts— As well as a couple of all brass 12ga. Shells and primers - All the extras weigh very little and fit in a crown royal bag and take up virtually no space for the versatility benefit they provide

Don’t discount shotguns - They do have their merits

Lanxang AR with .22 coversion setup. Both suppressed. Small game and self defense.
Scoped Freedom Arms 7.5" .454 Casull with extra .45LC cylinder. 300+ grain stopping power...like vehicles. Awe factor.
Wilson combat Spec-OPS 9 for carry. High capacity 9mm with good trigger. Read accuracy.
Benelli M4. With buckshot, slugs and birdshot I can hunt game and kill zombies with one gun.
Blaser bolt rifle. 223, .308, .416 REM MAG barrels. Hell, just add 22-250, 30/06, 6.5 Creedmore, .300WM too...why not?
Multi-cal long range set-up. Change calibers in 3 minutes or less. No point of impact change with barrel swap. Use the enemies ammo after dispatching him.
That oughta do it.

1) 35MM FILM BOTTLE, with lint, steel wool pad, 9V battery inside with a couple of water purifying tablets ,Bowie knife and sheathe on side. Knife, to cut branches to help trap crayfish, fish, frogs, in creeks. Pepper spray, Bear spray, it stops problems in close up areas.
2) ar-15/ ar-10, the 15 for lite duty, 10 for heavy duty (long distance,hunting game or advancements).
Would have can/or cans, that can be used on either of the AR's. A 870, with buckshot and shot shells for rabbit, squirrel, birds.
3) 9mm, with mags up to 30 round capacity,
4) 22 mag for small game with a can,
5) each leg backups 380/9mm, one each leg, and side arm also.

Fishing line on a reel spool with hooks, catch grasshoppers, crickets as you come upon them. Can also set up trot lines too. Trap set for small game also. no need for rod and reel, can cut bamboo pole to fish with using the line off of the reel spool. Could use some dry flies also.

Spring time look for blackberries, strawberries, peaches, fall pecans, ripe persimmons , apples, pears.
Summer corp fields, game and corn, dry some out for flour to make bread,natural vegetables in the wild.

Barter for chicken, beef, sheep, hogs if there are none in your area, then hunt them, goats for milk and meat also. If you don't have any area to keep then securely, work out deals with others in close vicinity to you without drawing to much attention to yourself.

You will need a source of heat ,ability to smoke food including a smoking room, griddle to cook on or portable, or use your smoker to smoke meats to help keep them for later usage. Make sure you have a good supply of wood, lump charcoal to smoke your food Will need a good supply of salt to cure and keep the items for long time storage.

Salt, Coarse sea salt, flour, corn meal ,rice, dried beans,cooking oil, and mixings for soups.

These are some things to think over, consider, to either add or delete depending on your needs, or luxury lists.

Back
Top Bottom