• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Five Guns

I don’t get the love for .300blk in these extended ‘what-if’ scenarios.

You’re not likely to have the capability to make/reload ammo for very long. There ain’t gonna be electricity.

Chances are pretty high that eventually you’re going to have to take ammo from someone else. Why not pick a cartridge more readily available for when you have to ‘scrounge?’. 9mm, .223, .22lr, maybe .45 ACP or 7.62 AK rounds.

Don’t forget magazine capability as well. This may be the only benefit of a 1911.

For me? That means .223 Wylde and AR mags, 7.62 AK mags, and Glock 9mm. .22LR bolt suppressed, maybe, but that’d be a luxury at that point. I’d add a .308 bolt as well just to make the 5th in the OP’s scenario.

.357/.38 may be nice for added multi-cartridge option, but I’d rather have the extra rifle, probably.
I'm talking in reference to the "pcc" craze. But specifically to address this, in the grand scheme of things what do you actually think you're going to do with more than maybe a couple thousand rounds ? I don't understand where this romanticized view of shtf America turning into post 9/11 Afghanistan for extended periods of time originates, because it surely isn't sensical.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm talking in reference to the "pcc" craze. But specifically to address this, in the grand scheme of things what do you actually think you're going to do with more than maybe a couple thousand rounds ? I don't understand where this romanticized view of shtf America turning into post 9/11 Afghanistan for extended periods of time originates, because it surely isn't sensical.

Oh yeah it's really silly at it's core, but is a fun discussion to have. My point was that I'm picking the most popular guns/caliber in the US so the chances of finding more are greater. Provided I'm not dead of infection from a splinter.

Golden ages end, most of the time abruptly and the more reliant a society is on technology and logistics, the more vulnerable it is. That's not romantic, it's reality.

As for what to do with more than a couple of thousand rounds? Be ready for the long haul, arm those around me and barter.

Back
Top Bottom