• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fix or alternative to a 10/22 feed issues.

Ken Ford

Default rank 5000+ posts
Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
175   0
Reaction score
I love my 10/22 Takedown it is accurate and a good suppressor host that can be taken places where other long guns would be inconvenient.
However it will not feed with 25 round mags, 10 rounds would be adequate in hunting, but not SHTF trying to get back home scenarios.
I’ve watched all kind of videos documenting this and all the fixes seemed just rigged, and not something I would depend on. Besides I can’t seem to make it feed with 25s even upside down.
Ruger tells me it’s because my TD was make with a Tactical barrel, but they said it should run anything except the longer cases like Stingers.

Anyone know any fixes, or alternative weapons that would fit the above criteria?

What kind of mags are they? I have 4 of the Ruger 25 round mags and only 2 of them are 100 percent reliable. The others are a crapshoot. Mine is not a takedown, however. Forget about any of the other aftermarket mags, I’ve never seen one that was reliable.

The only 25rnd mag I have is a Ruger mag (or I'd let you borrow it to try) but I'd definitely try another brand before modifying the gun itself any further. I assume you've tried multiple types of ammo and the problem is consistent?
This is disappointing to hear as I have the itch for a TD.... :mmph:

I think the 25rd mags are slightly shorter than the 10rd mags in the top. Put both side by side and see if my memory is working today. My TD perfers the 10s also.

The 10/22 receivers and bolts have generous tolerances from the factory. Could be yours are close to out of spec.and will not hold the mag securely.

Mine is sloppy and it tends to have extraction issues, even with several new extractors. Aftermarket mags are a nogo.

An aftermarket receiver could be the answer. Brownells sells them (among other suppliers) and all your parts will swap over.

Back
Top Bottom