• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fix or alternative to a 10/22 feed issues.

The 10/22 was built around the rotary mag. I don't like the 25 round mags, but my 10/22 rifles are set up for hunting. I even keep the flat mag releases. I bet Gadgetsrfun Gadgetsrfun has some tips.
I tend to stick to 10's and 15's because they always work and are better for bench shooting. I have only had a couple of instances where my 25s don't work and I found when I backed them off to 22 instead they feed perfectly. toobaroque toobaroque added shim material and a cut off 22 round internally which resolved all of his feeding problems. I don't recall the process but it wasn't overly complicated. It reduced the drag of the follower and tightened the tolerance.

I tend to stick to 10's and 15's because they always work and are better for bench shooting. I have only had a couple of instances where my 25s don't work and I found when I backed them off to 22 instead they feed perfectly. toobaroque toobaroque added shim material and a cut off 22 round internally which resolved all of his feeding problems. I don't recall the process but it wasn't overly complicated. It reduced the drag of the follower and tightened the tolerance.
Yeah mine show problems with 1 round.
Damn aggravating.

i have had good luck with the below. they have an adjustable "top plate" to take any sloppiness

9f6bba4f5f82f94176a66dad07885a7a.jpg

Set you phone up on a tripod and use slow motion video to record a couple of shots into the opening. If you put your phone on super slow mo you will see exactly what's happening and when. That will allow you to determine if the problem is the magazine, the chamber or the trigger group. Lots of people overlook the trigger assembly as being the culprit in this scenario. Mag retention is key, and the trigger group is what does that because it holds the plunger that provides the force to hold the mag in place. If your trigger assemble is out of alignment then your magazine will never be "straight" and will cause hang-ups and such.

Describe in more detail what "feeding issues" you are experiencing.

https://www.coolguyguns.com/KIDD-Magazine-Latch-Plunger-Stainless-Steel_p_149.html

Back
Top Bottom