• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fix or alternative to a 10/22 feed issues.

Yes very lightly, but it makes no difference at all.
The longer mags don’t fit well and “lean“ slightly downward causing the issue.

I'm using only Ruger Mags.
I stopped shooting my 10/22 because it was a jam-o-matic with the Ruger mags, and I used several. I found a fix and now it runs like a top. It was the mags in my case and I suspect it's the same for you. Let me go grab some pictures of what I did to fix the problem. Back in a few minutes.

OK, you'll need a spent .22 lr shell. Open the magazine.
20200521_165847.jpg
20200521_165833.jpg

See the round opening in the red follower...you need to size the .22 casing so that it will fit nearly flush in that hole. It stabilizes the follower in the magazine. Did it to the 8 mags I have and no more jamming. Let me know if it works for you.

I know nobody is wanting this kind Of response, and I do not want to aggravate anyone, but the OP said something about relying on the gun:

However it will not feed with 25 round mags, 10 rounds would be adequate in hunting, but not SHTF trying to get back home scenarios.
I’ve watched all kind of videos documenting this and all the fixes seemed just rigged, and not something I would depend on. Besides I can’t seem to make it feed with 25s even upside down.

That is A Lot to ask out of a 22 semi auto. From SHTF to upside down.

Regardless, I recommend The use of CCI Mini Mags, preferably not the hollow points. If those do not work, try the Winchesters that are sold in the plastic 100 round rectangular box.

Putting a radius on the back lower corner of my bolt - where it comes in contact with the hammer as it cycles - fixed my 10/22 of all of its problems.

Details of how to do it are available on RImFireCentral.com.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251031

There is a home page with a 10/22 takedown sub forum....

OK, you'll need a spent .22 lr shell. Open the magazine.
View attachment 2637251 View attachment 2637256

See the round opening in the red follower...you need to size the .22 casing so that it will fit nearly flush in that hole. It stabilizes the follower in the magazine. Did it to the 8 mags I have and no more jamming. Let me know if it works for you.
This simple fix doesn't always work. It helps, yes, but only on magazines that are already properly smooth on both the follower edges and the rails on which the following slides. This fix does not address the spacing problem within the follower path. It only fixes the spacing in the follower / spring relationship.

I know nobody is wanting this kind Of response, and I do not want to aggravate anyone, but the OP said something about relying on the gun:

That is A Lot to ask out of a 22 semi auto. From SHTF to upside down.

I get that, but I can’t take an AR and load out, some states I may go (I won’t go into some unless the money is real good) it would be felonious.
Thinking stealth would be a better choice for this particular purpose.

I love my 10/22 Takedown it is accurate and a good suppressor host that can be taken places where other long guns would be inconvenient.
However it will not feed with 25 round mags, 10 rounds would be adequate in hunting, but not SHTF trying to get back home scenarios.
I’ve watched all kind of videos documenting this and all the fixes seemed just rigged, and not something I would depend on. Besides I can’t seem to make it feed with 25s even upside down.
Ruger tells me it’s because my TD was make with a Tactical barrel, but they said it should run anything except the longer cases like Stingers.

Anyone know any fixes, or alternative weapons that would fit the above criteria?

Failure to feed or failure to eject? I have a surefire fix for the latter. Feed I probably can't help with!

Back
Top Bottom