• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fixed blade rescue knife opinions wanted...

fast306stang

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
376   0
Reaction score
I was looking at this folder on Midway.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/92...stainless-steel-blade-akulon-6g6-handle-black

The money is right. It got me thinking I should probably have a knife on me or in the car that has a glass breaker and a seat belt cutter. But I think I'd rather have a fixed blade, something around 3.5"-4" blade length?

Am I overthinking it? Is the folder fine for this purpose? I've had a liner lock fail me before, the blade would close if enough pressure was put on it. So I'm a little leary to get another one. The one I had was a Gerber, which apparently isn't the same quality as the ones I had in the 80's.

Not trying to break the bank but I do want something that's not going to fail me if I need it.

Any/all opinions welcome.

I was looking at this folder on Midway.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/92...stainless-steel-blade-akulon-6g6-handle-black

The money is right. It got me thinking I should probably have a knife on me or in the car that has a glass breaker and a seat belt cutter. But I think I'd rather have a fixed blade, something around 3.5"-4" blade length?

Am I overthinking it? Is the folder fine for this purpose? I've had a liner lock fail me before, the blade would close if enough pressure was put on it. So I'm a little leary to get another one. The one I had was a Gerber, which apparently isn't the same quality as the ones I had in the 80's.

Not trying to break the bank but I do want something that's not going to fail me if I need it.

Any/all opinions welcome.
I tote a fixed 6" blade dive knife with me every day that has been 100' deep with me in the ocean ,It'll cut any belt ,saw any limb and bust any glass ... ain't pretty but it's a tool !

Attachments

• IMG_4765.JPG
    IMG_4765.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 41
I tote a fixed 6" blade with me every day that has been 100' deep with me in the ocean ,It'll cut any belt ,saw any limb and bust any glass ... ain't pretty but it's a tool !

I thought about something like that too but I think I'd like something a little shorter. Do you carry vertical or horizontal?

Back
Top Bottom