• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fixed blade rescue knife opinions wanted...

Spyderco Assist. I have been carrying it for the last 10 years. Razor sharp and it has a glass breaker built into the handle.
View attachment 1110241

I wound up buying a fixed blade Gerber Prodigy. I like it, it should do what it needs to. But I need to look at a folder like yours also. It would definitely be more convenient to have it on my person.

Here's one I've been working on. (This isn't finished yet) It will get its own dedicated thread once it's complete. So this is sort of a sneak peak. I think it more or less fits the bill for what your describing though.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Here's one I've been working on. (This isn't finished yet) It will get its own dedicated thread once it's complete. So this is sort of a sneak peak. I think it more or less fits the bill for what your describing though.
View attachment 1110948 View attachment 1110949 View attachment 1110950 View attachment 1110951 View attachment 1110952 View attachment 1110953

That looks awesome! What's the length? Blade and total...

I was actually searching all your Goombah (sp?) threads yesterday. I want one of those so bad but this one is even better for my needs. When you make the thread, please tag me in it if you remember, just incase I miss it. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product!

That looks awesome! What's the length? Blade and total...

I was actually searching all your Goombah (sp?) threads yesterday. I want one of those so bad but this one is even better for my needs. When you make the thread, please tag me in it if you remember, just incase I miss it. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product!
This one is .25" shorter than my typical Goombah. It's 10" from glass breaker to tip, and has a 4.75" blade. It's 3/16" thick 01 tools steel.

Anyway, don't want to hijack the thread too much, but thanks for the kind words. I'll try and remember to tag you on it when I post it, but no promises, lol. Memory like a goldfish. For ALL of the updates, check me out on Instagram and fb.

Back
Top Bottom