• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fixing a Spas-12

oldalabamaroad

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
128   0
Reaction score
I traded into a full sized Spas with some issues a year back, finally used it BAD.

I’ve had these guns in the past, and loved/hated the complications. But this was different, I had flown all the way to the West Coast to be embarrassed by a crumbling buffer and oil, turned to sludge. To hit clays, I needed the iron dialed. 5 minutes into frustration, we oiled it. 5w-30 got the tube loading every other round. The action’s facets were seized by what had once been lubricant….turned wax. The buffer, shattered had made its way into the trigger group, jamming the springs and levers of the operation.

Back in Georgia, the Italian relic took on a new buffer, and now, with snap caps, the lifter try is cycling FINALLY.

The next post on this thread will be a range report! I’m predicting Victory.

Then I want to put a wide red dot on top. IF anyone has a shotgun suppressor, hit me up!

What is it…. A salvo??
B337EC9F-7323-402D-9D55-C0B432FE3E60.jpeg
4BE9D351-9F18-482B-8493-DD8E91DF9AD2.jpeg
1C6A9A8F-A444-48C9-9D9A-56A78056E300.jpeg

I traded into a full sized Spas with some issues a year back, finally used it BAD.

I’ve had these guns in the past, and loved/hated the complications. But this was different, I had flown all the way to the West Coast to be embarrassed by a crumbling buffer and oil, turned to sludge. To hit clays, I needed the iron dialed. 5 minutes into frustration, we oiled it. 5w-30 got the tube loading every other round. The action’s facets were seized by what had once been lubricant….turned wax. The buffer, shattered had made its way into the trigger group, jamming the springs and levers of the operation.

Back in Georgia, the Italian relic took on a new buffer, and now, with snap caps, the lifter try is cycling FINALLY.

The next post on this thread will be a range report! I’m predicting Victory.

Then I want to put a wide red dot on top. IF anyone has a shotgun suppressor, hit me up!

What is it…. A salvo??View attachment 4484888View attachment 4484889View attachment 4484890
Great snap of the 5w-30 application, straight from the dip stick.

Back
Top Bottom