• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fixing a student’s 16” AR carbine

Because a BCM lower would automagically cause the gas block to fit tight to the barrel and would have had Vltor extension tube and parts?

Would it have also fixed all those other parts that are related to the upper? I'm just asking so I'll know how to fix any problems with my Anderson builds - if they ever come up.
Yes. Replacing the cheapo complete upper with a bcm complete upper would have fixed all of those issues.

Because a BCM lower would automagically cause the gas block to fit tight to the barrel and would have had Vltor extension tube and parts?

Would it have also fixed all those other parts that are related to the upper? I'm just asking so I'll know how to fix any problems with my Anderson builds - if they ever come up.

Ain’t saying it can’t happen, but I have personally never seen a BCM-assembled upper or lower with these issues.

A BCM lower may not have had the Vltor parts, but it would have had the proper weight buffer and spring, along with a quality end plate and castle nut, it all would have been installed properly, and staked.

This can happen to the best of them. Several years ago I had a brand new Daniel Defense that had the same issue right out of the box, 2-3 times per magazine. I thought it may be ammo related, but after the 3rd brand of ammo, I contacted DD. The guy I spoke to said it sounded like a gas block issue, and they provided not only a return label but a box for shipping. I had the upper back in about 2 weeks, and sure enough that was the issue. While DD cannot be considered cheap or even inexpensive, you do get what you pay for in terms of customer service, which in my experience was first-rate.

This can happen to the best of them. Several years ago I had a brand new Daniel Defense that had the same issue right out of the box, 2-3 times per magazine. I thought it may be ammo related, but after the 3rd brand of ammo, I contacted DD. The guy I spoke to said it sounded like a gas block issue, and they provided not only a return label but a box for shipping. I had the upper back in about 2 weeks, and sure enough that was the issue. While DD cannot be considered cheap or even inexpensive, you do get what you pay for in terms of customer service, which in my experience was first-rate.

DD is a stand up company, in my experience.

1E24CC80-CB5A-4B0A-88A1-F028B87F228A.jpeg

Ain’t saying it can’t happen, but I have personally never seen a BCM-assembled upper or lower with these issues.

A BCM lower may not have had the Vltor parts, but it would have had the proper weight buffer and spring, along with a quality end plate and castle nut, it all would have been installed properly, and staked.
Isn’t BCM offering there own version of the VLTOR A5 now or is it another manufacturer?

Back
Top Bottom