• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Custom S&W 58 by Defensive Creations

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
Thanks to @parolebear for helping me check off a bucket list gun. Picked up a S&W model 58, no dash, from him in a trade today. She’s a little cosmetically challenged, but clean and tight mechanically.

She’ll be going to Dave Laubert of Defensive Creations for a bit of work. In general, I want her to be very similar to my 3” 13 that accompanies her in the pic below.

Cut and crown barrel to 3”

New front sight, dovetailed, with gold bead

Slab side barrel

Bob hammer

Remove serrations from trigger

Round butt

Chamfer front and rear edges of cylinder

Chamfer chambers

Action job

Matte black finish

Color case-harden hammer and trigger

E5CB7BDF-6C33-443A-8895-54299EA12CAA.jpeg

Okay cmshoot cmshoot , I'll bite. Just how long of a time is "fixing to"? When my Momma was fixin' to whup my arse, it was pretty quick.

I’ll be shipping her off very soon, just to get it in Dave’s hands and out of mine. Dave said he works on guns in “batches” and is currently finishing up some 1911’s. Immediately after the first of the year he’ll be working on revolvers, including mine. He said the revolver work goes quicker than the 1911 work.

Great choice of the 'Smith for your Model 58 project! Dave's still under a lot of people's radar, but he does OUTSTANDING "Work", especially on Carry Guns, and on Revolvers in particular--We'll be waiting anxiously to see the results... :)

Thanks to @parolebear for helping me check off a bucket list gun. Picked up a S&W model 58, no dash, from him in a trade today. She’s a little cosmetically challenged, but clean and tight mechanically.

She’ll be going to Dave Laubert of Defensive Creations for a bit of work. In general, I want her to be very similar to my 3” 13 that accompanies her in the pic below.

Cut and crown barrel to 3”

New front sight, dovetailed, with gold bead

Slab side barrel

Bob hammer

Remove serrations from trigger

Round butt

Chamfer front and rear edges of cylinder

Chamfer chambers

Action job

Matte black finish

Color case-harden hammer and trigger

View attachment 2315754