• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Flashlights.

when I got my first one, I wore the batteries down playing with them in different
situations I created just for fun in like 3 days lol. ya cant not play with these lanterns
I swear it. oh you guys/gals will too so yuk it up jokesters lol.
I have a long loop I tied to the lil loop in the top of my main tents ceiling
using paracord. I put a lil clip on the lantern and now we have a good quality
light..... just tons of uses guys. I even put one on the end of a pvc pole
fixed to my kayak for night visibility for myself and to other boats. perfect!
oh I can go on too.

if anybody gets one of these, report in with your findings.

you can get them on line different places.
shop around as the price jumps believe me.
Target has them or had them in the near past.
I cant suggest these enough.
Sorry, I meant where in the store do you end up finding them? Camping section?

Oh, and are they branded RockRover or generic?

I found mine by the check out but I have head that they can also be
in camping, household goods, lawn garden, just gotta look. wish I could be more
helpful. look on line or at targets website to see what they have.

I know this isn't Tactical but the best flashlight I have for a power outage is a Dewalt 14.4 flashlight ($15 used) with rechargeable battery. I have put a 1 Watt 12V LED bulb (100+ lumens) which I paid $6 including shipping. I also bought a 3000 mAh battery ($20). The light is a clean white light and brighter than their yellow original bulb.
I have a 1500 mAh battery ($16) on the flashlight and it should burn for over 100 hours on the charge and the 3000 should burn for over 10 days straight.
I am not suggesting that you go out and buy this but if you have some rechargeable tools. look into their flashlight and replace the bulb with a LED for less than $10 and it will last for ever. Kill two birds with one stone. I use mine all the time, it stands up and rotates to all positions.
fl.jpg

I like the metal streamlight stingers. I have sevearal stingers, super stingers, and ultra stingers. Batteries are affordable and last a few years, they are incandescent so they last 4-6 hours continuous. I am an aircraft mechanic, and bought my original in 2001. I have used it as a prybar, hammer, wheel chock, heater, and about anything else you can think of. Had to replace a couple of lenses (don't set them lens down while on) and 1 switch but other than that no issues. Not as bright as an led, but led tend to wash out color too (can be a problem of trying to find the leak in the middle of the night). I have tried the led versions, but don't like them as much.

Back
Top Bottom