• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Flats of shotgun ammo

If you want to save your shoulder wear a padded vest, add a second layer of dense foam padding on the inside, and most importantly, keep the gun pressed into your shoulder.

Actually if you want to save your shoulder use a shotgun tha fits you and don’t use HV loads. No reason you shouldn’t be able to shoot 250 rounds a day with the right shotgun.

Just wait until you get old.

Then it's even MORE IMPORTANT to have a Gun that fits you well, a nice, SOFT Recoil Pad, a Gun that's heavy enough to soak up some Recoil and to use the softest-shooting Loads that will do the job...This message brought to you by a 60-plus year old competitive Skeet and Trap Shooter who needs surgery on both Shoulders yet manages to shoot pain-free most days... :)

Everyone that holds my gun complains of the weight. I dont know what it weighs but it is definitely heavier than most. But that's never bothered me.

Always in Season Always in Season do you have mid grade ammo for those on a budget?

Reviving my own old thread here...

I tried some new to me ammo. I had a coupon to Dicks (otherwise i wouldn't of gone there) and tried some of their own brand ammo. It's field and stream ammo, he said it's made by Franchi. I paid about 40 a flat with my coupon. Man that load was hard hitting and loud. But I did shoot well with it. I was shooting #8 1 ounce loads and #7.5 1 1/8 ounce loads

Back
Top Bottom