• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fletcher 11/22 opinions?

Yep. Hopefully they took notes.

PITA aside, everytime you mess with that action screw you are messing with accuracy.
Get a good torque wrench and stay consistent. Good chassis or stock with AL bedding helps as well. I pull mine apart constantly to clean and have zero issues with accuracy or shifting POI.

Yep. Hopefully they took notes.

PITA aside, everytime you mess with that action screw you are messing with accuracy.
There are much better platforms if accuracy is the chief concern. Also, a real stock or chassis torqued the same each time isn't hard to do either. 6 years running a 10/22 or clone in NRL and it's not an issue. This is another solution looking for a problem.
I do like the idea of easier cleaning and reassembly. I dont like the requirement of using a LER scope or having 3/4 of your pic rail shiftable.

Meh. It's not THAAAT hard to remove the bolt and recoil assembly. If running a red dot, I could see this being useful to a degree. If planning on running a scope, hard pass.

If you are chasing accuracy and dead set on a 10/22 design, run a Kidd.
Be honest, how many times have you launched the charging handle into the next county trying to hold the spring tension while dropping the bolt in. Makes my fingers sad everytime

Of course, but not messing with it at all is one less variable.
And, if speaking to variables - you have a pull-apart receiver. You have a scope base that hangs out unsupported over the barrel and is much more susceptible to torsion. You then have to get a offset mount, and turn it backwards to mount a scope off that front section. Or, remove your scope every time you clean it. Also, if trying to push the range, you need cant in the base or rings. Can't do it with this setup due to limited base options, and if running a mount with cant, you have to run it backwards to get proper eye relief thus reversing the cant in the mount.

But, it would make cleaning it a bit easier.

Reactions: rgo
Be honest, how many times have you launched the charging handle into the next county trying to hold the spring tension while dropping the bolt in. Makes my fingers sad everytime
A few. It's annoying for sure. But not worth sacrificing the usability for one less f bomb during cleaning. More f bombs dropped due to the amount of crud that gets blown back into the receiver than due to the recoil system fo sho

And, if speaking to variables - you have a pull-apart receiver. You have a scope base that hangs out unsupported over the barrel and is much more susceptible to torsion. You then have to get a offset mount, and turn it backwards to mount a scope off that front section. Or, remove your scope every time you clean it. Also, if trying to push the range, you need cant in the base or rings. Can't do it with this setup due to limited base options, and if running a mount with cant, you have to run it backwards to get proper eye relief thus reversing the cant in the mount.

But, it would make cleaning it a bit easier.
Lol, -30 moa.

There are much better platforms if accuracy is the chief concern. Also, a real stock or chassis torqued the same each time isn't hard to do either. 6 years running a 10/22 or clone in NRL and it's not an issue. This is another solution looking for a problem.
I do like the idea of easier cleaning and reassembly. I dont like the requirement of using a LER scope or having 3/4 of your pic rail shiftable.
I wouldn't say it's the chief concern but it's always 'a' concern. It's a better mousetrap to me, for really my only issue with the 10/22 as is. PITA cleaning. Be nice if whether at the range or field and if there's an issue to have tool free disassembly. Just curious if anyone had first hand experience.

Back
Top Bottom