• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fletcher 11/22 opinions?

I wouldn't say it's the chief concern but it's always 'a' concern. It's a better mousetrap to me, for really my only issue with the 10/22 as is. PITA cleaning. Be nice if whether at the range or field and if there's an issue to have tool free disassembly. Just curious if anyone had first hand experience.
The one thing that ruger got right about the 10/22 is the mag. Everything else, meh.

Be honest, how many times have you launched the charging handle into the next county trying to hold the spring tension while dropping the bolt in. Makes my fingers sad everytime
And, the launching will still occur. The difference is whether I launch it from the bottom of the receiver or the top. Still gotta get that charging handle through the ejection port and compress the spring on the guiderod.

And, the launching will still occur. The difference is whether I launch it from the bottom of the receiver or the top. Still gotta get that charging handle through the ejection port and compress the spring on the guiderod.
Doing it from the top will be all drop in. You will be able to leave the bolt buffer in the rear if you so desire. Slide the roof off, lift charging handle/guide rod, lift bolt. No need to pull it all to the rear to clear the slide/bolt/trigger stop rail things inside the receiver. It's a neat idea, may or may not be juice worth the squeeze.

Does it have a cleaning rod hole in the back of the receiver or are you still married to bore snakes and wrong way cleaning?

Does it have a cleaning rod hole in the back of the receiver or are you still married to bore snakes and wrong way cleaning?
I believe you can use "flexible cleaning rods". lexm41 lexm41 can presumably confirm.
But even in 10/22's if using a snake I use it in the right direction. Just a PITA.

Back
Top Bottom