• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Flooring ideas - need suggestions

We’re considering replacing the carpet in our den with something else. With 2 dogs an a kid it stays too dirty and get puked on too much. The kitchen floor is hardwood. Not sure I want to do hardwood in the den, but will if it’s the only option that is affordable and looks decent.

Anyone have any bright ideas what I can replace the carpet with?

View attachment 4013742View attachment 4013743View attachment 4013744
We are going to build next year! Trying to talk the wife into sawdust

Flooring guy here . I’d recommend lvp they have great prices at Home Depot but if your near /Atlanta area m&s distributors has great prices and I could always install it :)
This right here. LVP. floor and decor has the best prices and selection. I had a water leak in the kitchen that wrecked my engineered hardwood. We tore out 400 sq ft of that crap and 600 sq ft of carpet and replaced with LVP. Most home builders are installing this in new homes now. One of my builders puts it in all of his. He builds in the $400,000-$800,000 range.

Flooring guy here . I’d recommend lvp they have great prices at Home Depot but if your near /Atlanta area m&s distributors has great prices and I could always install it :)
A question about pricing, assuming the carpet has been ripped up and you just got a little minor leveling to do the room is fairly Square what is the cost per square foot for putting down and 8 mm glueless laminated? It would need a vapor barrier or padded backing

Got around to starting on mine

20220223_125126.jpg

20220223_165849.jpg

20220225_065026.jpg

20220226_173152.jpg

20220302_164814.jpg

We ripped up the carpet in our living room and dining room. Underneath there was nothing but concrete.
Maybe a bit of padding between the carpet and the concrete. Am I right in thinking that I need to put something down between the LVP and the concrete? Some kind of moisture barrier material?

Back
Top Bottom