• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fly fishing and outdoors youtube

W Beard

Default rank <750 posts
His eminence
22   0
Reaction score
I am wanting to try to start up a fly fishing and outdoors related youtube. It would be videos from all over but a lot of the content would be Georgia specific as well. It would also include a fair amount of the technical aspects of fishing and other hobbies.

My questions is anyone done this and have any tips for getting started. I think I have the camera covered for now (go pro hero 7 and Samsung s9). However I am a little daunted by the trying to find a good (preferably free) editing software, and all of that. Any tips from those that have done it would be great.

I’ve put up a video or two, mainly because it’s easier to send a link to friends/family than a 5 min.+ video via text. Check it out, everything done with an iPhone, a GoPro and the basic YouTube software. It may be more rudimentary than your looking for.

I will definitely look. I am actually looking at two youtube channels to run side by side. One would have the edited videos and content. The other I am looking at doing uncut, unedited videos. That way people can enjoy the shorter educational/entertaining video. The second would be to give people a real view of what the sport can be like. The good days, the bad days, the mishaps, and the silly goofs.

I will definitely look. I am actually looking at two youtube channels to run side by side. One would have the edited videos and content. The other I am looking at doing uncut, unedited videos. That way people can enjoy the shorter educational/entertaining video. The second would be to give people a real view of what the sport can be like. The good days, the bad days, the mishaps, and the silly goofs.
Good luck with it. cheers!

any updates on this or the channel?
I have some footage for the second channel. However, havent had much time to mess with the video editing software I might be using. (Wife was sick and work/Thanksgiving stuff). Hoping to work on that soon, and get it up. I did pick up 2 more (much larger) micro SD cards on black Friday. So rather then 30-45 minutes of footage, should be good for 4-6 hours I think. Cause only had one like 16-32 GB card, but picked up two 256 GB cards. Would have gone bigger but my go pro won't go larger (hero 7)

I have some footage for the second channel. However, havent had much time to mess with the video editing software I might be using. (Wife was sick and work/Thanksgiving stuff). Hoping to work on that soon, and get it up. I did pick up 2 more (much larger) micro SD cards on black Friday. So rather then 30-45 minutes of footage, should be good for 4-6 hours I think. Cause only had one like 16-32 GB card, but picked up two 256 GB cards. Would have gone bigger but my go pro won't go larger (hero 7)

oh cool. link to channel? i'll subscribe. should be fun.

Back
Top Bottom