• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fly Fishing Thread .....

It’s a fun little pond. There’s a 5lb bass in there I’ve probably caught a dozen times.
There were some big bass in there before a drought and a big die off years ago. She actually dug a well and put in a pump to save the pond.

That sounds like a pond I used to fish. It was maybe half an acre, but at various points it had 2.5-3.5+lb bream, good sized crappie, bass up to 12+lbs, and a 15-16lb catfish. Made for a great little lake since you never knew quite what you would catch. Caught around a seven and a half pound bass there on a fly rod in the past.

I freaked out when I opened my empty line box.
71090E6D-22F8-4582-B97C-BBDEA01A47F7.jpeg

I figured it out lol
F40315B9-3AB9-4901-9AD4-FA7E1F021BBA.jpeg

They usually give you the spool, even in a fly shop, so that if you decide to change lines, you have the spool to rewind it on.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

You can also buy another spool for that reel and load it with backing and a different fly line if you find yourself changing fly lines often.

With the Lamson, in future, you could set it up how I have my streamer rod reels. I will have a floating line, a sink tip, and one potentially two sinking lines all set up on separate rods. The way I can cover just about any type of water with that.

Rod guy says I may get my rod next week. He had shipping delays for components on rods in line in front of me so he jumped on mine. I may be learning to cast next weekend :)

That rod looks great.

Just got done ordering a 10wt from him. After seeing the thread color on yours, it almost made me go back and change the color I picked.

Back
Top Bottom