• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fly Fishing Thread .....

Amazon has a full spread of quality. Everything from POS to top quality. You need to research each brand and model. I would start by reading the reviews on Amazon and then a general internet search for anything that looks good enough to follow up on.
I am leaning towards another Orvis rig or a Moonshine brand in a 3WT. The reviews are all over the place.

I am leaning towards another Orvis rig or a Moonshine brand in a 3WT. The reviews are all over the place.
The a search for best 3wt on the internet and see what pops up.

I like Orvis and have been pleased with a couple of Temple Forks that I have owned. There will always be some bad reviews, so I look at the percentages of good to bad.

Took out my nicest fly rod rig this weekend...Orvis Clearwater paired with a Battenkill Reel, Dang it can cast and shoot line...
A well made flyrod makes all the difference in the world. I'll never forget the first cast I made with one of the guide's rods on a Tarpon trip to Key West. :shocked:

I was having zero luck yesterday during lunch so I tied on a #6 Aberdeen hook and a Pink trout magnet....Kablammo.. They catch anything that swims in a creek. Bass, Bluegills, etc...
View attachment 2373854
Try the gold one's for trout, I've tore them up when no other bait would work.

So today I was out during my "lunch hour" and tied on some funky stuff. I tried a White/spinner , Joe's Fly, Slammed a Bass, Also caught a nice size Rainbow Trout on it. I tried the Chartruese Pautzke Eggss and that was a dud. I also tied on a purple prince nymph for fun and the bluegill attacked the heck out of it.

Was fishing my 5Wt Orvis Clear Water, am finally in love with that rod. Just awesome.

B0421003-CB95-4AE0-A72D-B9F1A6B486B3.jpeg
7766F71B-AA49-4B6F-B91F-74A7545C045F.jpeg
41B68E2E-E3BE-4163-A17C-01DB48850E70.jpeg
Ended up hiking our butts off. Water was super high for the creek. Scenery was awesome. No real fishing but had fun.

Back
Top Bottom