• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Flying pests

I love the old school approach my Dad taught me against Yellow Jackets, Wasps and other evil bitey stingy things. Gasoline and a Zep spray bottle, a couple squirts and done...

As far as flying Critters go, my Nemesis are carpenter bees. But I found a way of entertaining myself. Ever try to catch him with a Shop-Vac. Just find an infested Place find you a shady spot and sit there with a few extensions it's a blast
What's even more fun is when the air temp is >100 degrees (like it's been here this week). They can't fly more than a few inches above a surface (ground, table, ...). I killed around a dozen a few years ago.

I also made a trap out of a 4x4x4 block of wood and a small jar. Nail the lid to the bottom of the block, drill thru it and most of the way thru the block, drill diagonally up on each side of the block into the center shaft, put a hook on top and hang it up. I think I used a 1/2 or 3/4" bit. Carpenter bees explore the holes, crawl up and then down, fall into the jar, and can't get out. I found out about it in youtube videos. Granted, I haven't caught any, but my problem has been decreasing for a while.

Yellow jackets venom is 3x more powerful than a scorpions sting. 3 years ago stepped on an underground nest got hit 43 times, they can lite you, burn you for 4 hours up to 8 hours later.

We do not want that experience ever again. Every time we find an in ground nest we go after them at nite and have a funnel that can help put the chemical down onto the nest. No activity after 3 days because they have travelers that will go way out seeking nectar and bring it back into the nest, the chemical and they will expire.

Raccoons, armadillos,are only good for one thing they will tear into the in ground nest and eat all the pupa in the nests, and it does not bother them.

my Nemesis are carpenter bees.

For this you need a couple of kids and tennis rackets. It becomes a competition!

Raccoons, armadillos,are only good for one thing they will tear into the in ground nest and
eat all the pupa in the nests, and it does not bother them.

The large red cow killer ants will infest the nest and their young will eat them as they emerge. Haven't killed one of those ants since I heard about it years back.

Reactions: MRM
Back
Top Bottom