• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FN 5.7. Why?.

I shot a PS90, and I liked it.
Not enough to own one, or choose it over an M4 type weapon in .223, but the little bullpup carbine felt like a good handy weapon for use indoors or when hopping in and out of various vehicles.
The round is on the weak side for stopping enemy combatants, especially dudes wearing all kinds of gear and equipment that can deflect or fragment incoming bullets... but maybe the rapid-fire accuracy and controllability of THE GUN makes up for the shortcomings of the round?

I'm not hating on it. If I had the choice of a PS90 or an M1 Garand for urban street fighting or home defense, I'd go with the little 5.7 x 28mm carbine.

I shot a PS90, and I liked it.
Not enough to own one, or choose it over an M4 type weapon in .223, but the little bullpup carbine felt like a good handy weapon for use indoors or when hopping in and out of various vehicles.
The round is on the weak side for stopping enemy combatants, especially dudes wearing all kinds of gear and equipment that can deflect or fragment incoming bullets... but maybe the rapid-fire accuracy and controllability of THE GUN makes up for the shortcomings of the round?

I'm not hating on it. If I had the choice of a PS90 or an M1 Garand for urban street fighting or home defense, I'd go with the little 5.7 x 28mm carbine.
Get a 5.7 upper and a few 50 rd mags for the AR and have fun!

I'll start by saying that, I have nothing against the round or ballistics. I've actually owned both the 5.7 pistol as well as the PS90. I will say that I never got to shot the PS90. I can imagine that recoil was pretty slight, if I go by what I remember of the pistol.

I only ask because I see a slight resurge in interest. I'm wondering why. It was over a decade ago when I owned mine. I recall it doing everything I could imagine wanting a pistol to do. I also recall having the drive to Calhoun to get ammo for it. Of course, I didn't order too much online back then so, that was aggravating. Especially, looking back at 9mm prices as well. I'm seeing currently the pistol itself with an asking around 1200+. When I got mine, they were $999. They were nice but, it was just too much plastic for me. As far as I can tell, ammo hasn't gotten any cheaper. So, what's the draw these days.
Because ammo is available again, and folks are wanting other than AR because the erroneously believe the threat from the left is over because Trump won...

you got a pic or something? trying to picture where thr 50 rndr would go if you can put a stripped mag in to catch brass? i do not know anything about ar's.
images

I enjoyed mine quite a bit. However, not enough to purchase again at 100's more than I originally paid for it. I also feared that the thing would explode in my hand one day shooting it. Then, I was to soon get my hands on a P226. It was downhill from there.

I have seen the Federal ball 5.7x28mm ammo at a decent price. I won't say the shop but, one not far from me was asking 34 and change for SS197. :doh:

Back
Top Bottom