• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FN introduces the 509

Did you guys try the trigger on the APX? It was pathetic. Staple-gun worthey at best if that's really how they are shipping.

All I could think was that when they deactivated it they messed it up somehow.

I own one....

Before my first range trip I removed the FCU and gave it a good cleaning and some applied Militec-1 to the few internal parts and the slide. Then I put 250 flawless rounds through it. The trigger pull weighs in at 5.5-6 pounds and it is really smooth.

That's one thing that came to me after trying the APX at NRA. They have to deactivate their guns for the show, and I wonder if the ones they had there had something removed that made the trigger so weird.

Guess I need to find one in the wild and see if it's the same as what I was seeing there. I can't believe they would release it with the trigger they I tried at their booth.

Different strokes I guess

Of the new released striker guns... I found the APX to be second only to the P10c.

Yeah I don't know what they're talking about...And of all the CZ's I handled the P10c was my least favorite. It had a good trigger, but I didn't understand all the hype...Nothing wrong with it, but with all the hoopla about it I was expecting more...

Of the new guns I handled the APX and the Walther Creed had the best triggers, but obviously opinions are very subjective, and sometimes guns shoot a bit differently than you expect by simply dry firing them.

I'll agree on the P-10. I'm a CZ fanboy but that one didn't seem all that great, especially after playing with the Shadows they had there. It also kind of ticked me off that after spending decades pushing the whole slide-in-frame thing they just walked away from it without looking back.

I think MAC hyped that gun up a bit too much on his channel, and everyone was expecting the Second Coming. It's good, but it reminds me of the VP9 hype.

So far the best trigger in a poly gun I've tried has been the Walther PPS 45 Gen 2. I really like the trigger in the Ruger American Pistol as well, plus that gun is great for dry-fire since you get almost the same feel uncocked as you do cocked.

New striker fired triggers at NRA:
1. CZ P10C (by a mile)
2. Beretta APX
3. FN 509
It's important to note the P10Cs have had thousands of dry fires since that same group of guns has been touring shows since early January. The APX and 509 are "new." That can make a difference. Ergonomics and build quality of the APX was the best of the three to me. When you talk about Tim @ MAC reviewing the P10C, most of his like of the gun came from the trigger, light recoil and shootability. Very few have gotten to experience those last two attributes yet.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'll agree on the P-10. I'm a CZ fanboy but that one didn't seem all that great, especially after playing with the Shadows they had there.

I think MAC hyped that gun up a bit too much on his channel, and everyone was expecting the Second Coming. It's good, but it reminds me of the VP9 hype.

Dude, I feel ya, but comparing almost anything to the Shadows is apples and oranges. I liked the ergo's and trigger of the P10C. I also really, really like the VP9 so what do I know.

From the show, with regards to the "new" releases (The 509 isn't really new, it's just newly released) I'd say:

CZ P10C (1A)
FN 509 (1B)
Beretta APX (3)

Yeah, the Shadows do set the bar pretty high.

Don't get me wrong wrong though... I will definitely have a P-10 once the threaded-barrel models hit. It wasn't all I wanted it to be, but it's still dang good.

The 509... I'll have to see how that line evolves.

the APX... just don't see a reason.

Back
Top Bottom