• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FN SCAR owners

I love my Scar17. I can say though, like others have said get the Super Scar trigger. The factory trigger is too heavy for long distance shooting, but passible for open sight steel shooting. If you get to shoot one you will be sold.

I have had a 16 and a 17. I still have my 17. I got rid of the 16 just due to the size. Seemed a little large for a 556 rifle. But the 17 is my favorite gun I own. Goes in the woods with me every hunting trip!

I got to shoot a 17 a couple of years ago. Really nice but for the price for me, I built several AR’s they way I wanted for the same dollar amount.

Not my thing but they are really sweet!

I used to be a hater until a guy got me to try his at the range. Now I have a 16 and a 17. You can tell a difference when you shoot one.
I still have regular gas and piston guns but the SCAR is a favorite. The only neg on them is price and the mags on the 17.

Buy once, cry once

Im sitting here trying to figure out how to buy one and you guys are taking about both! $$$$$$ haha

Does FN sell the 5.56 kits for the 17 or are they MIL only?

They are much different on both the upper and lower, BCG and dimensions. You’ll have to get both if you want both calibers. From time to time you can find 16s here for right around 2k

16 is good when you find it for less than $1,700. 17 sucks at $2,500 and up. No $2,500 rifle should have a damned stock that rattles all over the place.

I paid $1,600 for my 16 and $2,550 for the 17.

Back
Top Bottom