• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FN SCAR owners

Just make sure the optic you put on it has a good warranty. My buddies 17 broke 1 scope twice and a different scope once. The SCAR recoil impulse chews up some scopes/sights

My scar has eaten my vortex once already. In my pics you can see it has a Strike Eagle on it, we are trying to see if it will croak again after warranty fix. Then ill put the Trijicon 1-8 on it. Last time it took 200 and some odd shots.

I didn’t quite believe, thought you just had a nice bike lol I see the theme now
Im of the "I would rather regret the money spent than the product received" mindset.

Ive herd the 17 eats optics. Kind of a bummer, but I wouldn't but a cheap optic on it anyway.

Does the 16 have that problem??

16 ain't worth it to me, get the 17 and be done with it

Agreed. Whats another $500 when your already at $2500? lol (yes I know you can get them cheaper than $3k)

Ill get a 805 Bren If I want a 5.56 piston gun.

The fact that the Scar is as old as it is and people are still innovating and making new stuff is nice.

B0FEFCA7-14AE-4799-B263-FBA072101442.jpeg

The 17 is just a awesome gun! Light weight, accurate as any of my other 7.62 guns and just fun to shoot. Get some good optics and you are gtg! Fde ones are about twice as accurate than the black ones for sure!

I just want to find a 16 for under $2k. Every where I have seen one on the shelf they want well over two grand for it.

I don't think you'll find a used one for that, from what I'm seeing. Check out the CZ Bren. Pretty much 16 clone and around $1800

I don't think you'll find a used one for that, from what I'm seeing. Check out the CZ Bren. Pretty much 16 clone and around $1800

Deals happen sometimes, maybe once a year or so you see a really attractive list.
For expectations on typical price: 16s = $2100-2300, but there is one on GA right now for $1400 @ https://www.gunsamerica.com/951700094/FN-SCAR-16s-FDE.htm

For 17s = $2600-2800. Anything over that you should just go for NIB. Anything under that is definitely worth a look.

Back
Top Bottom