• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FNG’s Irritate Me…..How About You?

Ignoring new members all together is a bit different than “if they are flaking from the beginning”. Wouldn’t you agree?

I ignore EVERYBODY flaking from the beginning. You seem to think some of the new members will ever be good members.

I’d rather give a new guy a shot than deal with an “Elite Idiot” any day. You see, there’s about a 50/50 shot the new guy isn’t going to be an “Elite Idiot”. Dealing with a self diagnosed “Elite Idiot” kind of insures I’ll be dealing with some kind of idiot. Maybe an elite one or maybe just an idiot that sees
himself as a special idiot…. Who really knows?
You win! I refuse to engage in this conversation any further!

You win! I refuse to engage in this conversation any further!

dont-worry-hell-neo0ek.jpg

Found a great gun on ODT…..communicated with the gentleman. Gun was available. I offer him his full asking price. Im 4 hours away. Offer to drive to him by next morning. He states…..I don’t know. I might not have it available by early morning. I’m the first to offer full price and be there the next morning early and still get turned down……he stated…..everyone offers the same too. What is this the eBay of guns and we bid now? He set the price…….new people on trader have irritated me enough. I try and give people a chance but I’m getting to the point where I just don’t even want to send an offer if they are new. Sorry……just had to vent a moment. Anyone else have similar experiences?
I do see some ads that 'almost' read like they're actually and AUCTION (which is against the rules). I also know it may seem like someone doesn't want to sell if they can't make a 'tomorrow morning' or 'right now' sale but that doesn't always mean that person is looking for a higher price. I'm 73 with medical problems, appointments and just plain old and slow and sometimes it takes a day or two to actually get going up to full speed. The ONE thing I've never done, however, is to play games trying to drive up the price.

I do see some ads that 'almost' read like they're actually and AUCTION (which is against the rules). I also know it may seem like someone doesn't want to sell if they can't make a 'tomorrow morning' or 'right now' sale but that doesn't always mean that person is looking for a higher price. I'm 73 with medical problems, appointments and just plain old and slow and sometimes it takes a day or two to actually get going up to full speed. The ONE thing I've never done, however, is to play games trying to drive up the price.
P.S. Also, in my days from the military (68-76) FNGs were something else entirely. :0)

Pretty sure even Biker13 was new at one point. Unfortunately, feedback and membership longevity mean jack squat around here. You’re either trying to do a deal with a tool or you’re not. It has nothing to do with status on odt.

Would I feel more comfortable setting up a meet with Biker over a new guy? Of course. But it wasn’t a new guy that wasted my whole Sunday with bs because he’s so established here that he doesn’t need to read a text with an address, time and location in the parking lot. No no….. that was a jack hole who’s got 80 something positives and has been here a good long while.

Nope, but it WAS a brand new guy who bought the item the next day after telling Mr Feedback to go pound sand. New guy showed up early, cash in hand and spent about an hour bs’ing. Helluva a good guy.
hey leave me out of it I do my deals and thats that.

Back
Top Bottom