• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Folks backing out of deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If negative feedback gets removed, it's because it doesn't meet the grounds for feedback under the site rules. If it's not agreed to in PM, it doesn't count. Screenshots of texts, or anything other than PM do not matter.

Feedback​

Our feedback system is designed to help you make an informed decision about who to deal with and to hold users accountable for their actions. Please be sure to check a user’s feedback before any potential trade and be sure to follow our guidelines for completing a deal so you have the option to leave a negative rating if necessary later.

Positive Ratings -

Positive ratings can be left for any deal that went positively. :D

Negative Ratings -

Our members take their feedback scores very seriously, and that means we must have very strict rules when it comes to giving negative ratings. Please review our requirements carefully for leaving a negative so you can keep it as an option in case a deal doesn’t go according to plan. Any negative rating can be challenged by the recipient by posting in the private help forum.

If a negative rating is challenged then a mod will review the user’s private messages to investigate. In cases involving shipping we will accept tracking information from a major carrier as proof of sending or receiving an item. We will NOT accept texts, emails, voicemails, snapchats, instagram posts, tweets, police body cam footage, etc. as proof of anything. We just don’t have the time or resources to get into anything that isn’t directly verifiable here on the site.

A negative rating becomes an option once these terms have been agreed to by both parties:

• Date/Time of meeting. (Up to a 2 hour range is acceptable)
  • Location of meeting.
The reasons for leaving a negative are limited to the following:

• Cancellation of meet after committing to it.
  • Failure to show up to meet.
  • Failure to send payment or item.
  • Item is misrepresented or damaged and it is discovered after the transaction is complete.
Negatives do not have to be permanent, in many cases they are used to force a member to follow through with their commitments. At any time a user can choose to reverse any negative that they have left for another user by posting in the private help forum and letting the site staff know which rating to remove.

Members are allowed to inspect and reject an item or trade at a meet, there is no requirement that they must purchase the item, they are just committed to showing up to the meet.

We recommend that once you have all the details worked out that you send a private message detailing every item involved in the transaction and the time and location of the meet, and ask them to agree to it or accept it. Save this response until you are satisfied with the deal. Once it is gone you lose your leverage.

Disputing a Negative Rating - If you feel like you’ve been given a negative rating unfairly then you have 30 days to dispute it in the private help forum. Please remember that we only accept info that is verifiable in a private message.

Plainly states once a deal (time/place) has been reached and they change or back out, that's a negative feedback offense. However, if I had known it was you, I wouldn't have wasted my time.

It either wasn't me, or it wasn't recent. The rules are pretty plain, if it's not in PM or doesn't meet the guidelines it gets removed if disputed within 30 days. If there's something you want to dispute, please post in Private Help.

Everything is in in PM, we agreed to meet Friday at 5 and I messaged him on Thursday night to confirm and 2 more times Friday before hand and I haven’t heard anything
Did YOU, show up and wait a few minutes, and he no showed, Neg him, But, on your 3 attempts to get a confirm did he ever reply in agreement and confirmation ?

Doesn’t look like it did.. I checked his FEEDBACK LEFT BY.. AINT no negs showing from him..
It actually did stick. I talked to the guy and come to find out he had a bad car wreck that morning of our deal so I wound up having it removed. I’m not trying to be an ass and I had no clue that the guy was in the hospital from a wreck for a week.
He actually messaged still wanting to buy the gun and we worked everything out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom