• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fond Memories Of The Field

DinkyDau

Coast Guard Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
Your only as good as your word!
171   0
Reaction score
I took my son hunting when he was four, Deer, Goose, Dove, Turkey and Ducks..First fond memory was at deer camp..One of the new members came to camp and it was his first time, he drove up in a BMW you just can't make that up....He went out to hunt and came back excited claiming, he had shot a deer and needed help..My son was only 4 but he asked if he could go with him to retrieve the deer..I said sure and let him borrow my Honda Foreman and off they went. One hour later they came back dragging the small doe, to camp..My son ran to me and said he needed to talk in private..So we went to the camper...I asked him what was going on? and he apologized for what he had done..I told him to tell me what had happened.

Seems the guy went to field dress the deer and cut into the gut..My son saw this and knew to back up..When he explained that the smell hit the guy and he turned green according to my son..To which I said so...My son thought it was funny and told me he made a hurling noise,,,to which the guy started to throw chunks..I busted out laughing and told him everything is fine...Ya got to love innocents.

I took my son hunting when he was four, Deer, Goose, Dove, Turkey and Ducks..First fond memory was at deer camp..One of the new members came to camp and it was his first time, he drove up in a BMW you just can't make that up....He went out to hunt and came back excited claiming, he had shot a deer and needed help..My son was only 4 but he asked if he could go with him to retrieve the deer..I said sure and let him borrow my Honda Foreman and off they went. One hour later they came back dragging the small doe, to camp..My son ran to me and said he needed to talk in private..So we went to the camper...I asked him what was going on? and he apologized for what he had done..I told him to tell me what had happened.

Seems the guy went to field dress the deer and cut into the gut..My son saw this and knew to back up..When he explained that the smell hit the guy and he turned green according to my son..To which I said so...My son thought it was funny and told me he made a hurling noise,,,to which the guy started to throw chunks..I busted out laughing and told him everything is fine...Ya got to love innocents.

GREAT story Dink! :thumb:
You left out a lot of details...
What kind of BMW was it? :doh::doh::doh: :)

LOL I love it!!
I'm quoting your post because I have a story that has nothing to do with hunting, but it's a good story and I've never told it. I'll be succinct because most of it isn't funny but the short of it was that I was driving a commercial vehicle through your county and broke down on an interstate overpass. I called roadside assistance, they came and helped and I called my employer, explained the situation, and we filed a claim on the vehicle. Flash forward a few weeks later and the insurance adjuster calls back and says that there is a probably with our claim. He says he can't find a "Ham County" in GA. I call the lady back at work and ask what happened and she says "What? You said you were in Ham County." I said "No, I said I was in Effingham County." She was new to the area at the time and thought I was saying that I was in " F-ing Ham County." Pretty funny.

Any, carry on. :ranger:

My kids don't seem to have any interest in hunting. I hunt a lot with a younger brother who insists in giving the deer PTSD from being shot at. He brought his buddy who is new to hunting and he is no better. Missed 3 last year being a rookie.

Back
Top Bottom