• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fond Memories Of The Field

I'm quoting your post because I have a story that has nothing to do with hunting, but it's a good story and I've never told it. I'll be succinct because most of it isn't funny but the short of it was that I was driving a commercial vehicle through your county and broke down on an interstate overpass. I called roadside assistance, they came and helped and I called my employer, explained the situation, and we filed a claim on the vehicle. Flash forward a few weeks later and the insurance adjuster calls back and says that there is a probably with our claim. He says he can't find a "Ham County" in GA. I call the lady back at work and ask what happened and she says "What? You said you were in Ham County." I said "No, I said I was in Effingham County." She was new to the area at the time and thought I was saying that I was in " F-ing Ham County." Pretty funny.

Any, carry on. :ranger:

That is hilarious! Earlier this year Atlantic Waste tried to purchase the property that adjoins mine with the intent to build a regional landfill there. Thank God that ended up falling through and they were unable to make it happen but at that time I was responsible for buying yard signs for those of us in opposition of the development. This is one of the ideas that came out of a brainstorming session. We opted against having them printed because we didn't want to offend anyone but I thought it was clever.

upload_2021-7-12_13-2-21.png

Growing up my son got in stand about 9 am and usually kill d one by 10:30. I’d get in stand at 6 and stay till 1100 never see nothing till start out! Go figure. Daughter would sit on back porch in evening and get hers! I was ready to see if they would give pop a lesson!

Another Fond memory in the field

Took my son down close to Roberta for a Dove hunt I was invited to. My son was between 4-5 years of age. We were placed next to the tree line, the field had just been harvested with Peanuts roots everywhere..So we built our blind and left for a big Barbecue lunch they were hosting.All the hunters had these high dollar retrievers, of which my son quickly made friends with.The hunt had started right after the big lunch and off to the field and blind we had made. Every time another hunter downed a bird their retriever was right on it..When I shot a bird my son was my retriever, all the dogs left their owners, to chase after my son tackle him and start licking him in the face..My son was having a great day with all the love.. After about an hour my son said he needed to go to the bathroom. I told him to turn around pull it out and let it go..To which he replied he needed to go #2, so off we went to the woods.I had my backpack with TP in it, and gave him the roll..He asked where he should go and I told him behind a close tree..Off he went and all of a sudden he came out from around the tree with his pants down and him walking bent over...He was taking a dump as he walked, I busted out laughing...We he finished and did his deed over a 10 ft trail of poo...As he was doing his deed I kept hearing something dropping from close pines..I turned around and wounded doves were landing in the pines dying and falling on the ground..My son asked if we could keep them and I said yes I guess...As we walked out of the woods we were met by a game warden.....Shaking his head he said, if he had not seen it, he would not have believed it..He also said we could keep the birds. Lord knows I love fishing and hunting with kids their medicine for my soul.

I do stuff to help the outdoor dream foundation and a friend about 5 miles From me host a dove hunt, a pheasant hunt, rabbits hunt and several deer hunts every year with a great meal and I get a blessing just seeing the faces of the kids that come to the hunts ! Some other friends of mine have been taking them hog hunting and fishing trips about every weekend since hunting season and they send me pictures . Some folks up in NC let them bring kids for fall bear hunts and I get pictures of them with their bear! Real blessings! Kids and out doors is what makes the memories!

I'm quoting your post because I have a story that has nothing to do with hunting, but it's a good story and I've never told it. I'll be succinct because most of it isn't funny but the short of it was that I was driving a commercial vehicle through your county and broke down on an interstate overpass. I called roadside assistance, they came and helped and I called my employer, explained the situation, and we filed a claim on the vehicle. Flash forward a few weeks later and the insurance adjuster calls back and says that there is a probably with our claim. He says he can't find a "Ham County" in GA. I call the lady back at work and ask what happened and she says "What? You said you were in Ham County." I said "No, I said I was in Effingham County." She was new to the area at the time and thought I was saying that I was in " F-ing Ham County." Pretty funny.

Any, carry on. :ranger:
:pound:

Back
Top Bottom