• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Food Storage Help. Canned Red Wheat and Textured Vegetable Protein.

Bontrae was developed in the late 60's by General Mills. They shut down their mill in 1976 and sold the name and production licenses to Central Soya, who in turn abandoned production in the early 80's, so that TVP you have is probably nearly 40 years old - so the fact it's missing a lot number doesn't matter that much.
Is it ok for chickens and deer. It doesn't smell rancid AT ALL. no mold, moisture. Expansion and the are still in airtight drums..

Attachments

• 20230220_163522.jpg
    20230220_163522.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230220_163527.jpg
    20230220_163527.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 4
Bontrae was developed in the late 60's by General Mills. They shut down their mill in 1976 and sold the name and production licenses to Central Soya, who in turn abandoned production in the early 80's, so that TVP you have is probably nearly 40 years old - so the fact it's missing a lot number doesn't matter that much.
Thank YOU SIR for the extremely helpful info... I wouldn't want to see a bunch of homeless folk drop because I poisoned them...

Is it ok for chickens and deer. It doesn't smell rancid AT ALL. no mold, moisture. Expansion and the are still in airtight drums..

I've no idea.

In general, I think that a true vegetable-only based food will at worst go rancid (if there are any oils in it) or be disgustingly mealy and have no flavor. Looking at that ingredients list, it was probably pretty unappealing when it was fresh, so I don't know how you'd know it was "off" if you tasted it.

If there's any nutritional value in it at all, I'm sure it'd help bulk the chickens up.

I've no idea.

In general, I think that a true vegetable-only based food will at worst go rancid (if there are any oils in it) or be disgustingly mealy and have no flavor. Looking at that ingredients list, it was probably pretty unappealing when it was fresh, so I don't know how you'd know it was "off" if you tasted it.

If there's any nutritional value in it at all, I'm sure it'd help bulk the chickens up.
No oils and claimed indefinite shelf life..
NOW WHO NEEDS FEEX NEAR DULUTH?
pay for the can and get free chicken scratch.... :thumb:
Thanks guys. The best help anywhere.
I need some layers!

I've no idea.

Not much taste (kind of like grainy tofu) but very nutritious... thanks. And yes I ate some... no one else would....

Back
Top Bottom