• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Food vacuum sealer, who does it? Opinion? Pros / cons?

I use a Food Saver brand machine, with the extra attachment that does ... other stuff I've never done. My advice is stuff you've already seen: do TWO SEALS on each end of the bags. I do the first seal, trim some of the excess, then hit it again so that the second seal lands in a different spot on the plastic.

If you decide to go with bagrolls of various brands, pay attention to the dimensions of the rolls. I bought some and the roll itself is too large to fit in the reservoir on my machine, so I have to use scissors to cut the bags to size. Luckily, they aren't too wide, which is the real issue, since the width is the real significant dimension. I know to pay attention next time I order bags off Amazon or Ebay or wherever I scored this roll.
Yeah, I noticed the different sizes of the rolls and bags.
I got a 15 in wide one so that I can use the smaller sizes. But I would hate to order a bunch that didn’t fit.

Good point though.

Dry goods like rice, pasta, dried beans do well in Mylar bags with 02 absorbers.
I use the one gallon bags mostly with 2 properly sized 02 absorbers.
Use a vacuum with a pencil sized tube and suck the air out after dropping in the absorbers, then fold the top quickly
And seal it with a hair straightening iron.
Let bags sit for a day flat and in a cool/dark place and they’ll be sucked tight like they were vacuum sealed.
Lotsa videos on YouTube.

You only want to do certain items including only certain rice as some can have too much moisture issues and you
Could get botulism if you’re not careful.
Lots of good videos on YouTube.

Got these packaged up last night

09C4B45F-7358-4BF9-88AB-A8609FB6A892.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom