• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

For 1911 fans only... your favorite flavor?

Ed Brown LW Kobra Carry in tried and true 45
20200316_202520.jpg

My current carry rotation is a Baer TRS with some aesthetics work done to it when I wear clothes that conceal a full frame. I shoot it better than any other carry-ready gun I own.

The other is a Dan Wesson lightweight officer size in 9mm for every other occasion. The small lightweight frame disappears and the 9mm puts it at same capacity as the TRS.

The 1911 to end all my others has just reached the 1 year mark of being in my gunsmith's safe on the waiting list. Hoping my number gets called this month! It's an '83 s70 colt commander in 45. Will get a FULL workover inside and out, but top of the list of additions is a Stan Chen Gen 2 Magwell. A HUGE Magwell hole and no addition to frame length!

My current carry rotation is a Baer TRS with some aesthetics work done to it when I wear clothes that conceal a full frame. I shoot it better than any other carry-ready gun I own.

The other is a Dan Wesson lightweight officer size in 9mm for every other occasion. The small lightweight frame disappears and the 9mm puts it at same capacity as the TRS.

The 1911 to end all my others has just reached the 1 year mark of being in my gunsmith's safe on the waiting list. Hoping my number gets called this month! It's an '83 s70 colt commander in 45. Will get a FULL workover inside and out, but top of the list of additions is a Stan Chen Gen 2 Magwell. A HUGE Magwell hole and no addition to frame length!
Pics!!!

I'm a huge fan and a carrier of the platform. The features I look for is commander length, railed frame ( I run lights on mine) high beaver tail, good trigger, sticky grips, ambi safety, and a reasonable set of sights with a finish that won't get destroyed from being carried. I had a GRP Nighthawk for a while that was awesome but I've since moved to a 2011 in 9mm. Hard to argue with 21 rounds.

Back
Top Bottom