• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

For anybody looking for a great deal and wanting to set off red flags

Now if you get the flippers involved the lowers will be $200.00 each.

Dealers......correct me if I'm wrong here, but don't you have to report a sale of this many guns at once to the ATF and not just let the 4473 just sit in your file? I've been told by other dealers that a multi handgun deal requires reporting, does this ring true with 10 lowers?

Pistols yes.....lowers are sold as "other" on 4473's

Semantics. Yep

I should be in some time this week if you are still there when I pass by.

Please feel free to stop by but don't bring work with you. Unless it's Cerakote, I have still got to order inventory and get ready to open. You are certainly welcome to come hang out if you don't mind me working around you. :)

You would have to. If you built it first that would be illegal.. You do have to provide overall length on the form 1

This is a specific deal. A guy ordered a SBR 9mm Lower with the standard mag well so you can change to 5.56 if he wanted.(from the start, it was built as an SBR) The lower was delivered to the GS and he started the paperwork, later he was told that he would need to buy the upper to submit the paperwork. The lower is sitting at the GS paid in full waiting for an upper before the store owner will go any further.

This is a specific deal. A guy ordered a SBR 9mm Lower with the standard mag well so you can change to 5.56 if he wanted.(from the start, it was built as an SBR) The lower was delivered to the GS and he started the paperwork, later he was told that he would need to buy the upper to submit the paperwork. The lower is sitting at the GS paid in full waiting for an upper before the store owner will go any further.
If it is a registered SBR lower then it should have a length on the form 3 when it transferred to the dealer. Something doesn't seem right.... Best person to ask is QRF

The only reason that I care is I'm the guy that got the buyer and dealer together and now everything is stopped. Kinda feel bad about the whole deal so I'm trying to get some answers so the buyer can finish this.

Umm price could get quite large if your FFL charges per lower?

I finally found a dealer who only charges one fee per transaction. He said he thought it was not right when dealers charged per firearm. It's literally writing one additional line on the form that they charge you for.

Back
Top Bottom