• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

For anybody looking for a great deal and wanting to set off red flags

FAST FIREARMS is FREE? when's the last time someone here used them?

There are multiple FFLs around Atlanta that offer free transfers. Cherokee gun and Pawn, Fast Firearms, Bartow Knife and Gun, Frazier's Tactical, 400 Jewelry and Loan, Forsyth Gun and Pawn and I'm sure a few others. I can't imagine anyone paying for an FFL transfer anymore.

I don't know why people don't just go to them and take them up on their $60 lowers. :noidea:

It's nice to have a local shop that not only offers FREE transfers, but also offers AR parts for less than most anyone else out there. It sounds like a lot of work and effort to organize a "group buy" on lowers just to save $10 a piece from a company that definitely deserves it...

I gotta say, if I were a FFL I would charge for a transfer. There's just too much time, effort and risk not to anymore.

I personally don't think that $20.00 is too much to pay for a transfer so anything under that I consider a deal.

If you like a gun store why wouldn't you support them? I can tell you for sure that a good relationship with your LGS will pay off.......if the LGS is a decent one.

I gotta say, if I were a FFL I would charge for a transfer. There's just too much time, effort and risk not to anymore.

I personally don't think that $20.00 is too much to pay for a transfer so anything under that I consider a deal.

If you like a gun store why wouldn't you support them? I can tell you for sure that a good relationship with your LGS will pay off.......if the LGS is a decent one.
I am not a FFL, but I am not sure I agree with this from the hassle or taking time aspect. I have had multiple lowers at a time shipped to Cherokee Gun and pawn. When I arrived to pick up my package, we cut the tape on the box once I got there and then I filled out the 4473. All said and done completely filling out the paperwork and checking out and shopping around for ammo, I was out of the store in 15 minutes.

I am not a FFL, but I am not sure I agree with this from the hassle or taking time aspect. I have had multiple lowers at a time shipped to Cherokee Gun and pawn. When I arrived to pick up my package, we cut the tape on the box once I got there and then I filled out the 4473. All said and done completely filling out the paperwork and checking out and shopping around for ammo, I was out of the store in 15 minutes.

That's 30 minutes of time that Cherokee pays someone to do the transfer. By the time the paperwork is all filled out and correctly filed in place the guy that helped you is not able to deal with someone else, there is more for the store to do after you are finished.
If the employee or you get any part of the 4473 wrong, does the ATF agent knock on your door? The store is taking all of that risk and every transfer is a risk with the current folks checking the books.
Cherokee and all stores have put in time and money to train people for the paperwork, purchased the paperwork (4473's) and stored the paperwork before you filled it out as well as after.

Your 15 minutes of time is a drop in the bucket to what it takes in time if you look at the big picture.

Last edited:
Your 15 minutes of time is a drop in the bucket to what it takes in time if you look at the big picture.
I think the glass half full other big picture is guys like me who drive out of the way to go in the shop, get a free transfer and buy $100+ worth of stuff while I'm there, even other guns. I wouldn't go to cgp if the transfer wasn't free. It's a service that's brings in the customer and costs more in labor than anything else which is not incremental.

Back
Top Bottom