• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

For God's sake, make sure of what you are shooting at!

This needn't happen if "hunters" would exercise a modicum of judgement before pulling the damned trigger.

https://www.13wmaz.com/mobile/artic...dent/101-543259be-ce31-4c30-979c-8366ec59f0ce
Completely agree!

I'm personally calling BS that this was a accident. It seems really suspicious. I think this dumba.. responsible probably got heated that someone was trampling through his prized spot and acted in the heat of the moment. I've seen this happen a few times myself--even on public land! There are so many pieces to this that need to be answered.

The hunter mistook them for deer as the "group was driving to move deer"? He killed both a father and daughter. One shot or two? Was he shooting at them through bushes or were they in the open? I've never been on a deer drive where you weren't in a semi-open area. Were they wearing orange?

I just don't get HOW anyone would mistake a person for a deer. This just blows my mind!

Completely agree!

I'm personally calling BS that this was a accident. It seems really suspicious. I think this dumba.. responsible probably got heated that someone was trampling through his prized spot and acted in the heat of the moment. I've seen this happen a few times myself--even on public land! There are so many pieces to this that need to be answered.

The hunter mistook them for deer as the "group was driving to move deer"? He killed both a father and daughter. One shot or two? Was he shooting at them through bushes or were they in the open? I've never been on a deer drive where you weren't in a semi-open area. Were they wearing orange?

I just don't get HOW anyone would mistake a person for a deer. This just blows my mind!
I screened on deer drives when a kid, about 12, 13 years of age. We would get positioned behind cover but also wore blaze orange vests and hats. I didn't much like the slaughter I witnessed the last time I did it so I've never been on another. Those weren't hunters (on that last drive).

I agree that something stinks to high heaven over there in SC. The shooter was settling a grudge, insane or just too stupid to be allowed to have a gun in his possession.

Back
Top Bottom