? for keyboard (laptop) geeks.

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
OK, ima try and explain this. It happens on multiple laptops (with the touch pad of course).
While I'm typing, some mysterious series of events highlight some random section of the typed text and deletes it. Ctrl V does not paste the deleted text back. Invariably it's after some truly inspiring prose has been composed and the world, and myself are forever deprived. ;) (Yesterday it even somehow took a screen shot of my post and uploaded it to that post? :confused: But that was a one time occurrence.) I know you can turn the touchpad off but I don't always have an external mouse. I'd rather just figure out what the heck it is doing so I can 'undo' it when it happens.
Any clue?
Maybe it's divine intervention? :becky:

Sometimes Ctrl-Z works even when "undo" does not. As to what causes it, usually it's the operator but some touchpads are overly sensitive.
But Ctrl Z does NOT work. That's the problem. I can't imagine there's any series of strokes that continually PERMANENTLY deletes it from cache and that are accidentally and repetitively pushed. This has to be like a 2 key pattern that is doing it. And surely there is a way to undo it (other than quit being a fat fingered idiot.)

Maybe the newer keyboard layout....the ‘undo’ is on the right of spacebar when you switch from abc to 123....if it is on an Ipad config, i run into it all the time since keyboard update about 2 months ago.

Not sure if this helps or is just confusing. :becky:

Maybe the newer keyboard layout....the ‘undo’ is on the right of spacebar when you switch from abc to 123....if it is on an Ipad config, i run into it all the time since keyboard update about 2 months ago.

Not sure if this helps or is just confusing. :becky:
No iAnything. These are PC laptops. Different brands (2 different Lenovos and a Dell).

Back
Top Bottom