• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

For Snr. Citizen-which shotty: Mossberg 835 or Shockwave

Gal

I will this week. I will conduct my own. As usual people make statements based on half a** articles based on option. Tell me this. Would you put the person u love the most on the other side of your exterior wall and fire an ar at it. if your answer is no. Then I guess you aren't so sure it isn't lethal. And no I would not try that with any firearm. Cause I already know drywall and siding dont stop bullets...
I never said they would and you make my point for me. "Drywall and siding don't stop bullets". Any bullets. They will all zip right through. It doesn't matter if it's 9mm, 45, buckshot or 223. So a comparison of penetration of that material is invalid because they will all fail. The question becomes how do they compare to each other in materials that will stop them and the videos I posted show that with the right ammo the 223 does not penetrate any more than a 9mm hollow-point. Your argument has been that a 223 is unsafe for home defense because it over penetrates. My argument is that it doesn't penetrate any more than ammunition that is completely accepted for home defense.

What makes ya`ll think a senior citizen needs a wimpy gun? I turkey hunt with a 3.5" Mossberg 835 with Hevi-shot. I deer hunt with a 30-06. I shoot a pistol well enough to not need a shotgun. I walk all over the GA mountains. I don`t ride an ATV to my stand. I drag my own deer and hogs. I gut `em,also. Me,not a processor. I don`t need a suppressor to keep my wittle ears from hurting. I`m over 70. Myself and many others on here laugh at you wimpy-a........ kids who ain`t got a clue about much of anything.
Deer and turkey don't shoot back. "Wimpy" isn't the issue. Speed, accuracy and effectiveness is. Tell you what, let's both engage three targets at 20 feet and see who can put effective rounds on target faster. You use your 835 and I'll use my AR.

BTW, I shoot a 338 Lapua Magnum for ****s and giggles and I've shot big boys as large as 500 NE for fun, too. Oh, and I'm about to turn 60.

I never said they would and you make my point for me. "Drywall and siding don't stop bullets". Any bullets. They will all zip right through. It doesn't matter if it's 9mm, 45, buckshot or 223. So a comparison of penetration of that material is invalid because they will all fail. The question becomes how do they compare to each other in materials that will stop them and the videos I posted show that with the right ammo the 223 does not penetrate any more than a 9mm hollow-point. Your argument has been that a 223 is unsafe for home defense because it over penetrates. My argument is that it doesn't penetrate any more than ammunition that is completely accepted for home defense.

My concern is how far the round is going to travel after it pass through wall. I tell you what bear. Get your ar and the HD ammo you use and pm me. I will give you my address and you can participate in testing and see the results firsthand. I can already tell a 223 is going to travel a greater distance than a 9, 40, 45 after it goes through a wall

My concern is how far the round is going to travel after it pass through wall. I tell you what bear. Get your ar and the HD ammo you use and pm me. I will give you my address and you can participate in testing and see the results firsthand. I can already tell a 223 is going to travel a greater distance than a 9, 40, 45 after it goes through a wall
How would you test to see how far they travel. I trust your test results, so I don't need to be there, but use the 45 grain Fiocchi Frangible 223 ammunition.

Probably the best way to find real penetration comparisons is going old school. Take a bunch of old phone-books, soak them in water and then band them together. Measure how far each round penetrates.

How would you test to see how far they travel. I trust your test results, so I don't need to be there, but use the 45 grain Fiocchi Frangible 223 ammunition.

Hi speed video. I suspect the handgun rounds are not going to make it 100 yards after going through a wall so I can measure the point where the rounds impact the ground

Probably the best way to find real penetration comparisons is going old school. Take a bunch of old phone-books, soak them in water and then band them together. Measure how far each round penetrates.

Done that a few times with 45 and 10mms but I don't remember the results. I haven't tried it with 223

Hi speed video. I suspect the handgun rounds are not going to make it 100 yards after going through a wall so I can measure the point where the rounds impact the ground
That's not going to work. There's no way to control the deflection of the bullet caused by impacting the barrier.

That's not going to work. There's no way to control the deflection of the bullet caused by impacting the barrier.

Have you tried it? I have with handgun rounds. Worked fine. Haven't with rifle but I will. Besides the deflections part of the test results. After all it's how the impact through the wall affects the bullet is what we are talking about.

What makes ya`ll think a senior citizen needs a wimpy gun? I turkey hunt with a 3.5" Mossberg 835 with Hevi-shot. I deer hunt with a 30-06. I shoot a pistol well enough to not need a shotgun. I walk all over the GA mountains. I don`t ride an ATV to my stand. I drag my own deer and hogs. I gut `em,also. Me,not a processor. I don`t need a suppressor to keep my wittle ears from hurting. I`m over 70. Myself and many others on here laugh at you wimpy-a........ kids who ain`t got a clue about much of anything.
There are some times a Shock wave may be a good choice for the job you have, like very close up and a need for conceal ability. But it would not be my instant choice in any home defense sensation that I can imagine. Not in my very active life, and not now that I’m 56.
It’s a novelty that I wouldn’t mind trying, but I wouldn’t suggest it for first line self defense.

Back
Top Bottom