• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

For the Love of GOD...OUR MILLENNIALS are killing me!!!

Two Spaces or One Space (between the period and the beginning of next sentence)?

• TWO SPACES...Take a Stance. Don't take Schit from them

• ONE SPACE...Typewriters, what are those?

• TACOS

• What are TACOS

Results are only viewable after voting.
This post is really funny. My boss and I were chatting about this yesterday in fact. I suppose I could retrain myself if I tried really hard, but I've been typing this way since 9th grade keyboarding on a typewriter which means I've been doing this for (a bunch) of years now. In the future they'll use this to weed out those worth saving when the hordes attack. Keep double-spacing people. It very well could save your life!

Don't be ridiculous. It helps differentiate between the end of a sentence and an abbreviation within a sentence. It's two. Always has been, always will be. Unless you're some kind of non-binary critter of course.
I'm a binary critter. I always use 10 spaces.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those that know binary, and those that don't.
Tell them that they are being age-ist and that you don't appreciate being triggered by their micro-aggressions.
Tell them you need your safe spaces (yes, two).

And I assume it goes without saying, the only acceptable response to this, is to immediately start leaving three spaces. Maybe that's just me...
20170303_205405.png

I've always put one space after the period. That's how I was taught and how I've seen it everywhere as far as I know. Never heard of people using two spaces after a period.

Edit: I also learned to type on a typewriter. For what it's worth.
Here is a sentance. Here is another sentence.
Here is a sentance. Here is another sentence.

One space looks much better. :p

Back
Top Bottom