• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

For those of you with a DA Ghost, the wipes are now considered parts

Not sure why this is a surprise.... wipes have been ruled as 'parts' for decades. That's one of the reasons you don't generally see cans using them anymore.

I don't know. I'm not expert but I think it's due to the fact that wipes makes the silencer quieter. End caps and muzzle devices don't so I don't see them coming after them
Somebody commented in a thread the other day about having a 9mm can with and extra end cap that had a .22 sized hole in it. They said it made it alot quieter than shooting .22lr through the end cap with the 9mm size hole.

I didn't even know that it was legal to have different end caps for the same can, but evidently it is (for now).

I don't know. I'm not expert but I think it's due to the fact that wipes makes the silencer quieter. End caps and muzzle devices don't so I don't see them coming after them

I hope that's the case, but I foresee them setting some new precedents, especially since they have sated in the past that wipes are OK.

Somebody commented in a thread the other day about having a 9mm can with and extra end cap that had a .22 sized hole in it. They said it made it alot quieter than shooting .22lr through the end cap with the 9mm size hole.

I didn't even know that it was legal to have different end caps for the same can, but evidently it is (for now).

Eh maybe. I would think that multi-cal cans using accessories specific to those covered calibers would be OK but who knows. There seems to be no pattern with all this jazz. I wonder too if its going to be a moot point with HPA?

Eh maybe. I would think that multi-cal cans using accessories specific to those covered calibers would be OK but who knows. There seems to be no pattern with all this jazz. I wonder too if its going to be a moot point with HPA?
No idea how HPA would change the rules about extra parts. I would THINK that if suppressors were off the NFA list that you could make all you wanted and have all the extra parts you wanted, kinda like having extra LPKs for your AR, but who knows? HPA might do away with the stamp requirement, but leave all the other crazy suppressor laws in place. I guess we'll see IF it even passes.

Back
Top Bottom