• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foraging: what it really takes.

The vast majority of folks in the citys will stay there and starve to death before they go out and kill and eat a deer, dog, cow, horse ect ect. Its just not in 90 percent of the folk out there. They might be able to consume an animal after they are starving but not until then. How to kill people will be on the top of my list to ensure they don't come and eat my deer, dogs, horses and cows. Remember all the 22 ammo we all bought back when it wasn't readily available? this is what its now for.

As cheap as salt and sugar are, there's no reason to not have 500lbs of each.

I was just thinking about salt, considering if something were to happen, where would a person acquire it naturally? Sugar would be easier to get with fruit, but salt seems like a tougher element to stock up on unless you're close to the ocean or a local salt mine.

I was just thinking about salt, considering if something were to happen, where would a person acquire it naturally? Sugar would be easier to get with fruit, but salt seems like a tougher element to stock up on unless you're close to the ocean or a local salt mine.
In this part of the country they used to have "salt licks" , places where concentrations of salt came through the ground. These have probably been mostly built over or lost. Salt would become white gold, both iodized and canning salt would be valuable. Some entrepreneur would find a way to import for trade from the coastal area.
Sugar is not as necessary and is overconsumed anyway. We would miss it but would survive without it.

Back
Top Bottom