• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford F-150 4x4 (2014) issue

TheGman

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
221   0
Reaction score
My truck periodically is Displaying this symbol. Yellow traction symbol.
It’s a traction / drive line issue.
I can sometimes stop , place in park shot off then restart it goes away sometimes not.
Sometimes place in 4 wheel auto and run for a bit then back to 2wd and its fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

94BAE771-5F40-4629-A575-5C12593A0A4E.jpeg

On my car the light indicates the traction control system has been activated (it will light then quickly go off). My first guess would be a wheel speed sensor is failing and the PCM is not getting the correct information.

Does the owner's manual provide any info of what that indicates, when not driving in slippery conditions?

On my car the light indicates the traction control system has been activated (it will light then quickly go off). My first guess would be wheel speed sensor is failing and the PCM is not getting the correct information.

Does the owner's manual provide any info of what that indicates, when not driving in slippery conditions?

I will look

Doubt this will help - but you could scan to see if there are any codes showing. I know it's not an OBD emissions issue, but just thought it might trigger a code that could be diagnosed. It wouldn't cost anything to check....
Generally, if there's a warning light showing up on the dash, there will be a stored error code. Might require a more thorough scan than you can get at AutoZone, Pep Boys, etc.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I’d start by looking into wheel speed sensors. Check all 4 hubs, maybe a wire got snagged on something. Or just a sensor went bad for no reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sensor.Sensor.Sensor.Sensor.Sensor.Sensor.Sensor.Sensor.Sensor.Sensor.Sensor.Sensor.
Sensor.Sensor.Sensor.Sensor.Sensor.Sensor.Sensor.Sensor.Sensor.Sensor.Sensor.Sensor.

Sorry.button stuck on laptop.

just like the Sensor.Sensor.Sensor.on these new cars/trucks..
So sick of this **** you have no idea how tired I am of hearing the word Sensor.

Back
Top Bottom