• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford F150 vs Ram 1500

In post #8, where I mentioned the seats feeling different in a GM 1500 vs a GM 2500- this was just sitting in the seats on the lot. I did not take either one for a ride at that point.

Rams are coil spring suspended all around with air suspension as an option. They’re typically rated best in ride quality in comparisons by the various magazines. That being said, I’ve spent more time in newer Fords and find them very comfortable, the Ram may be even better though.

Test drive both regardless as to what we say as ride is very subjective.

In post #8, where I mentioned the seats feeling different in a GM 1500 vs a GM 2500- this was just sitting in the seats on the lot. I did not take either one for a ride at that point.
Ive never been in a newer gm2500, they dont do anything for me.

Whats your trim level range? The ram rebel has larger tires and 4 corner air suspension. The ram air suspension has a few modes that can be helpful, like lower to get in and aero mode to save fuel at highway speeds.

My last three trucks have been a GMC, Ford, and now I drive a Ram. Gotta say the Ram is awesome, just got back from a trip to Florida and the ride was outstanding. I will say though I thought I would get a little better fuel economy. The fold down flat floor in the rear seating area is great for me. They all have their good and bad.

I have a 2011 ram crew cab. Probably the best riding truck I have ever owned. My son bought a 2017 Chevy High Country yesterday and my Ram is still more comfortable than his Chevy.

I have a 2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4X4 and it is the nicest riding truck I have ever owned.
I have sciatic issues as well and these seats fit me good and it is the least painful vehicle for me to drive.

Test drive a tundra

Ive driven all kinds of vehicles for the company's I work for and the new tundra is by far the most comfortable and best ride

I prefer the F150's. They have their little quirks (little rattles, ticks, etc.) but have always been reliable for me. My 2016 hasn't exactly wowed me, but it hasn't disappointed either. It's fast as hell for a full size truck, gets decent gas mileage for a V8 (around 17+ mpg driving around Atlanta), came pretty well equipped even with a trim below Platinum/King Ranch, and has a **** ton of rear leg room.

I crossed 22,000 miles over the weekend and it already has a few interior rattles/pops when the temp is cold, but that's about it. The rattles seem to go away if the temp is above 50. The only issue I've had was my wipers got stuck on the lowest setting and wouldn't turn off, but I took it over to MOG Ford and they replaced the wiper switch under warranty.

It tows trailers like they're not even there. And the seat bolster is pretty minimal. I went from 150's to BMW's and back to 150's. Mainly because I hate riding so low and the BMW seats give me mild low back pain after hour and hours of driving. I've taken my current 150 to eastern NC, MS, FL (5-6 hours drives) and had no issues with comfort.

I looked at the Tundras, but went with the 150 due to the fact that a comparably equipped Tundra runs about $5,000 more + 7% tax on that extra $5k.

I wouldn't consider a Chevy or a Dodge because the ones I've had have been unreliable, and I'm still pissed about those a-holes taking our tax money for their bailouts.

To add to it, Tundra's and 150's are the only trucks that are fully assembled in the US. I don't care for union labor, but if I'm gonna have to pay $45k+ for a truck, I'd prefer it be one that at least was assembled in the US and not Mexico or Canada.

Back
Top Bottom