• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford Maverick Pickup

Tacomas are pretty nice in every department except 1, i am 6 foot 3 280lb lol. tacomas are for short skinny people.

i have decided against the maverick as well. i got into another f150 from my escape i used to have and i am enjoying having leg room again to much to go back to something smaller lol. when interest rates go back down ill be looking at upgrading from my regular cab f150 to an extended cab f150 only because i want to bring both my nephews and neice fishing at the same time lol.
My garage is my limiting factor at the moment, but hopefully temporarily. I could have got a reg cab full size to fit but I needed at least extended cab. I considered it but once you get a 6'+ bed, no bueno. (And the issues with that 10 speed transmission scared me away.) No question if you want a truck to do truck stuff, full size is the answer.
Now get those kids fishin'! 😎

I have a 2014 Tacoma TRD Offroad. Look at what they sell for used. Find a comparably equipped 2014 Frontier. You'll see the Toyota selling for a considerably higher price than the Nissan. No projections required. Maybe 10 years into the future things will be different.
Yeah I've looked at several lists and they all have Tacoma's at the top. Some don't have any Nissan's at all. This one has the Frontiers at 5 which isn't bad.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-28-17-06-56-22_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-28-17-06-56-22_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 11
I think it's more important to drive what you like and keep fixing it. I have a Ford I've been driving for 30yrs. A GM for 22yrs and a Dodge for 19yrs. They all have their pluses and minuses. There's nothing you can buy that won't break down sometime. You drive it long enough, it will break down. Even though my wife's car, a Toyota Camry, has had repairs. It has only broke down once with a dead battery at @ 80K miles. The car has @ 360k on it now.
Come to think of it my cars are 40 and 32yrs old. A Monte Carlo and a Mercedes with @ 115k and 330k respectively

Wholeheartedly agree.

Seeing all the microprocessor's built into the newer trucks means more failure points to deal with. Here's a Video that has a '17 F150 that had some water get into one rear taillight and corroded a wire that cost $5,600 to fix it. Used to be something that a little cleaning and a new bulb would fix.

If I'm to the point that I can't fix my current' '95 Ford, I'll either replace it with something from the 70's or swap out the crap in it to get rid of the electronics and BS plastic vacuum lines that always seem to break. Treat it like it's in Cuba and run it old school.

Wholeheartedly agree.

Seeing all the microprocessor's built into the newer trucks means more failure points to deal with. Here's a Video that has a '17 F150 that had some water get into one rear taillight and corroded a wire that cost $5,600 to fix it. Used to be something that a little cleaning and a new bulb would fix.

I'm to the point that I won't replace my current' '95 Ford unless it's something from the 70's or older. At least with those years the aftermarket support will be strong for years to come.
WOW!! Yea, I feel the same. If I were to replace my old truck/ trucks, it'd be with an older none computer one. I had to get a computer for my Ford, due to rodents killing my electrical system. That cost me a bunch of money straightening that mess out. And parts and techs are hard to find that can work on it too. I had to park it in the yard for several years till I moved

The 1999 - 2007 GM trucks and SUV's and First and second gen Toyota trucks are the way to go. Easy to work on when they need it and not real expensive when they do.

I'd add with an older vehicle the manufacturer collects less data, if any, on you. So that is another plus.

Back
Top Bottom