• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford Maverick Pickup

I had a Ford Maverick Grabber back in 1972, looked like this:
1653331722060.png

I had a Ford Maverick Grabber back in 1972, looked like this:
View attachment 4318887
Badass ! My brother had one he jacked up with a 302 and fat rear end, tires, nice trans and all the hot rodding you could get. Painted it Crown Royal Purple with metalflake paint ….looked awesome !
My other brother at 14yo and me at 10, decided to steal it one Saturday morning while everyone was sleeping and run it into a phone pole after a burnout around a circle , he couldn’t handle it and it got squirrelly on him and we hit a phone pole on the right front. He did not even try to stop and look….threw it into reverse and hit the gas ! Tires smokin….in drive after we got back on the road straight and headed to our house, which was just about 6-7 houses away !
The whole neighborhood , just about, woke up and saw what and who happened !
So my older brother being a party animal he was, usually came home trashed and either left his cars at home or drove drunk or someone else drove him , etc., ….. he was drunk, asleep and my middle brother , Troy, slips his keys in his pants. We waited about an hour and went into the oldest brother, Chuck, room and woke him asking him how he wrecked the car !!
Troy almost got away with it until one of the neighborhood kids come down and started running his mouth. Needless to say Chuck beat Troys ass good… me ? I hid and watched.. got away with accessory to the crime.
Mom and Dad gave Troy extra restriction duty and yard work to do.
I will never forget that Maverick !

I have had mine for about a month now. It is the XLT version and the sticker was just north of 27k. I made a trip to Florida and got 34 mpg and I am getting 28-29 around town. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a smaller pickup. I was driving a 2021 F150 4 door
Which engine?

Which engine?

Gotta be the Eco Boost. The hybrid gets better city miles than highway miles.

There's been a severe shortage of hybrid engine availability, as Ford struggles to meet demand, regardless of which powertrain. The Maverick became one of the best selling vehicles in the U.S., and the supply chain issues are still very much in effect.

Dealers have been adding crazy markups to models they get on the lot that weren't pre-ordered.

Gotta be the Eco Boost. The hybrid gets better city miles than highway miles.

There's been a severe shortage of hybrid engine availability, as Ford struggles to meet demand, regardless of which powertrain. The Maverick became one of the best selling vehicles in the U.S., and the supply chain issues are still very much in effect.

Dealers have been adding crazy markups to models they get on the lot that weren't pre-ordered.
I assumed but if it's getting 34 at interstate speeds, I'm even more interested.
I have zero interest in the hybrid.

I assumed but if it's getting 34 at interstate speeds, I'm even more interested.
I have zero interest in the hybrid.

Hybrid has been testing out at 40+ mog in mixed driving reviews. A little bit of criticism for lack of refinment in the CVT, but not bad, according to most. That kind of MPG is very helpful when gas is flirting with a $5 bill per gallon.

Drawbacks for the hybrid are limited towing capacity and no AWD. I think towing is 2K lbs. with the hybrid, and 4K with the Eco Boost.

Yeah I think i could live with one of these for the wife. She would like it i think. The AWD version is what i think i would like.
Like the XLT- version A AR1ST0TLE says he got.

Hybrid has been testing out at 40+ mog in mixed driving reviews. A little bit of criticism for lack of refinment in the CVT, but not bad, according to most. That kind of MPG is very helpful when gas is flirting with a $5 bill per gallon.

Drawbacks for the hybrid are limited towing capacity and no AWD. I think towing is 2K lbs. with the hybrid, and 4K with the Eco Boost.
If it got 100 mpg I'd still have no interest in a hybrid. My son was (maybe still is, depends on the day) interested in one of these. If he keeps the commuter I gave him instead, I may get one of these as a commuter. I think I could live with the FRD, ecoBoost in the XLT trim for commuting.

Back
Top Bottom