• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford Mustang Cobra Jet match race: Gas vs. Electric at the U.S. Nationals

Hey @paynee, what "lektrik" are you rolling with?

I've never even been in an EV. Yes, I don't get out much. :grey:

BMW I-3 REX Only about 70 miles Electric range and then 90 gas (2 gallon tank) unless you stop and keep putting gas in it.:doh:
I REALLY REALLY like it! Even when my first one tried to kill me I went out and bought its twin (hopefully the evil twin burnt up :))
Mine is a 2015, they have doubled the EV range since I got mine (in 2018 I think) so much more practical now, but since I have a 4.5 mile round trip to work and can charge it for free at work, it is a perfect fit. I have two gas burners as well, for longer trips. Mine is just a tad bit less than the 1,500 HP in the Mustang :rofl:
20180803_140812.jpg
20180803_140831.jpg

evil twin
My I-3 Burning.gif

Max torque from 0 revs, wonderful to experience. How long to refuel after driving 250 miles is the problem to me.

With a newer Tesla and a SuperCharger connection, about 20 minutes. Or maybe 10 minutes more than a typical gasoline stop.

Don't see that you would be a too far away from any of these from anyplace in VA.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=...m4!1u3!2m2!3m1!1e1!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:3

The top electric cars are all doing almost 300 miles in range, and even non-supercharger stations are going to get you back on the road within 40-60 minutes with a full charge.

If you drive hundreds of miles a day in rural locations, then an electric car probably isn't for you. But for 90% of the people out there who drive less than 100 miles a day and could plug in at night, an electric would work just fine.

Back
Top Bottom