• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford "Mustang" Mach-E

especially if they figured out a way to pipe in some serious engine sounds. I hope they sell shiploads of them.

I don't understand? If you buy all electric why would you want to hear fake engine sounds, that were recorded years before on a test track?

Hopefully they don't sell any - but I know they will....

Personally I can accept this one as they did it pretty well. I would have chosen another name - maybe Monaco or Dart instead.
Yeah I don't understand why they felt the need to call it a Mustang. It's so far removed from any other variation of Mustang that has ever been created.

It’s faster than the GT. The V6 ecoboost mustang has been faster than the V8 GT for several years now. I own a Coyote 5.0 V8 F150 but only because I couldn’t find one similar with the more powerful ecoboost V6. The V8 sounds good but most of the sound is fake and piped in through the stereo speakers. They days of no replacement for displacement are behind us.

There hasn't been a factory turbo V6 Mustang - the last V6 was a NA 3.7L. Sure the current 2.3L inline 4 turbo "ecoboost" Mustang is quite quick - but it's still not quite as fast as the 5.0 GT. If my memory serves me right...the current turbo fours are around 4.8 - 5.0 sec range and the new GTs are around 4.2 - 4.4 sec or so. Depends on who tests and when, but they are close. My complaint is with the mach e - not turbo Mustangs.

Regarding the F-150 - I really don't have anything against the turbo V6. The 2.7/3.5 V6s turbos do produce good power, but based on what I have read, they have to consume lots of fuel to do so. They'll use as much fuel (or more) than the 5.0 if you are pulling a trailer or carrying full payload. I'd get the 5.0 here or maybe the 3.0 V6 turbo diesel if I was pulling a trailer.

The suv mach e will never be a Mustang to me....

:deadhorse:

burnout.jpg

There hasn't been a factory turbo V6 Mustang - the last V6 was a NA 3.7L. Sure the current 2.3L inline 4 turbo "ecoboost" Mustang is quite quick - but it's still not quite as fast as the 5.0 GT. If my memory serves me right...the current turbo fours are around 4.8 - 5.0 sec range and the new GTs are around 4.2 - 4.4 sec or so. Depends on who tests and when, but they are close. My complaint is with the mach e - not turbo Mustangs.

Regarding the F-150 - I really don't have anything against the turbo V6. The 2.7/3.5 V6s turbos do produce good power, but based on what I have read, they have to consume lots of fuel to do so. They'll use as much fuel (or more) than the 5.0 if you are pulling a trailer or carrying full payload. I'd get the 5.0 here or maybe the 3.0 V6 turbo diesel if I was pulling a trailer.

The suv mach e will never be a Mustang to me....

:deadhorse:

View attachment 2367124

You’re hung up on the name. It’s just a name. Means nothing to 90% of the people would would be willing to drop 40 to 60k on a SUV.

What in God's name is this monstrosity? What's the crave of all electric? Don't people realize it's more dangerous to the environment than the thing it's replacing? Plus they are an extremely dangerous fire hazard

It qualifies the manufacturer for government grants and tax credits for the corp and buyer. It also helps them meet the CAFE requirements.

Back
Top Bottom