• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford "Mustang" Mach-E

I can see why they might want to leverage the Mustang brand, but it totally turns me off that it's a mini-SUV rather than a coupe like a Mustang should be.

I'm sure it will be a decent car, and they are doing a few smart things (like teaming up with Amazon to sell and install home chargers), but they really should have left the "Mustang" name out of it.

Look at the bright side, at least they didn't call it a Pinto.

For all of you under 40:
View attachment 2367648
You mean the Mustang II?
1024px-Ford_Mustang_II_%28Centropolis_Laval_%2710%29.jpg

:pound:

If the name means nothing - then why are they using both Mustang and Mach?

I'll say it's just the opposite. Sure some buyers don't care, but for most of them the Mustang name adds recognition & credibility. Even housewives who don't care about cars know what a Mustang is. That's why they are doing this - Ford knows the value of the name. I just think long term this starts the downward slide for the Mustang name. Once they start changing what the name goes on, then it loses it's focus.

Meh, I can’t wait to buy one for the wife. I don’t care what they call it.

If they can really get the range to 250-300 miles to charge and get 0-60 below 6 or even below 4 and sell them for less than $50k after rebates and incentives... they will sell a boatload of these especially if they figured out a way to pipe in some serious engine sounds. It’s definitely interesting, I hope they sell shiploads of them
Well looks like you'll be buying? 300 mile range and 0-60 in the 'mid 3' second range and $36k after rebates on the 'Select' model (though that one is only 'mid 5's' 0-60).
https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/2021/

Lol at calling that thing a Mustang.

Well looks like you'll be buying? 300 mile range and 0-60 in the 'mid 3' second range and $36k after rebates on the 'Select' model (though that one is only 'mid 5's' 0-60).
https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/2021/

Lol at calling that thing a Mustang.

Impala, Charger, Malibu, Dart, all iconic cars that came back out nothing like the icons and still sold well.

The difference is Ford still makes the iconic mustang too.

semi related I saw a new blazer today. I really line it. I will never own another GM vehicle but I think they will sell a ton of them.

Back
Top Bottom